Broody hatch-a-long!!! With Pippin!

Pics
Awww those little poufs <3

they’re pretty well feathered, they will be perfectly okay!

I don’t get any strong vibes about gender yet, polishes are also notoriously hard to sex as well right?
I agree... although my previous little one had red wattles actually dropping down at 4 weeks! The tall one just stands very tall and pecks hard.. its the biggest. The little one to the left is my little crybaby bird, always chirping, much smaller than the others. But nothing physically distinguishing just yet.

Look at this little one.. someone pooped on its face 😆 so it had to have a little hair shampoo and then hung out with me for a hair dry. It actually chilled out on my hand and was falling asleep, and then wouldn't let go when i took it back to the brooder!

I love sweet birds.. can't wait to see how they grow!

20210805_110213.jpg 20210805_110207.jpg

Look at this little one.. someone pooped on its face 😆 so it had to have a little hair shampoo and then hung out with me for a hair dry. It actually chilled out on my hand and was falling asleep, and then wouldn't let go when i took it back to the brooder!

I love sweet birds.. can't wait to see how they grow!

View attachment 2786791View attachment 2786793
Aw, it’s super sweet when they want to stay on your hand <3 We’re getting another heat wave here, the chicks arent even using their unheated cave anymore.

I’ll probably put them in the coop at night starting next week, then they can be off to fend for themselves in the run. lol

Aw, it’s super sweet when they want to stay on your hand <3 We’re getting another heat wave here, the chicks arent even using their unheated cave anymore.

I’ll probably put them in the coop at night starting next week, then they can be off to fend for themselves in the run. lol
Funny, these guys have adjusted so fast.. Even with the ac going. Well its a more reasonable 105 now vs 115.. but house will stay at 75. No more chirping at night before bed, but omg 5:55am... once they see sunlight, they are hungry and making a ruckus!

I've been letting my big girls out in the hall each day while i clean their coop. At first they were super curious about the chicks, but now they seem to be ignoring them. That's great though for integration purposes. I'm not worried about the D'uccles, but Elsa, my cochin, in theory should be nice, but i swear shes soo moody!! 😆 but they still have a lot of growing before they are out of the brooder to socialize.

Funny, these guys have adjusted so fast.. Even with the ac going. Well its a more reasonable 105 now vs 115.. but house will stay at 75. No more chirping at night before bed, but omg 5:55am... once they see sunlight, they are hungry and making a ruckus!

I've been letting my big girls out in the hall each day while i clean their coop. At first they were super curious about the chicks, but now they seem to be ignoring them. That's great though for integration purposes. I'm not worried about the D'uccles, but Elsa, my cochin, in theory should be nice, but i swear shes soo moody!! 😆 but they still have a lot of growing before they are out of the brooder to socialize.
Are your d’uccles super sweet too? I’m in love with mine!

Does this make me look like a tyrant? I kind of just left the chicks out there on their own during free range hour :oops:
BBC56E6D-A787-4DA9-B92A-59CD3C54670B.jpeg

Last edited:
Are your d’uccles super sweet too? I’m in love with mine!

Does this make me look like a tyrant? I kind of just left the chicks out there on their own during free range hour :oops:
View attachment 2788567
No, it looks wonderful, and they look so happy!! I have a desert rock yard, no beautiful green anything for them except organic spring greens from a plastic Walmart tub. 🥺

No, it looks wonderful, and they look so happy!! I have a desert rock yard, no beautiful green anything for them except organic spring greens from a plastic Walmart tub. 🥺

Aww, hopefully you will be moving to somewhere that is a lot more free range friendly!
I’m considering switching to an all bantam flock... but i love my blue eggs too much to give away my EEs 😬

Aww, hopefully you will be moving to somewhere that is a lot more free range friendly!
I’m considering switching to an all bantam flock... but i love my blue eggs too much to give away my EEs 😬
Keep them! They aren't too big.. and you can add bantam Easter Eggers too!!

I think ill stick to bantams even once i get more space. Besides, they like to fly up on my arm/ shoulder, so the lighter the better!! 😂

Back
Top Bottom