Buff ORP Roo + 3 hens = ??

Treg

In the Brooder
9 Years
Feb 12, 2010
Central TX
I had a Buff Orp Rooster that was very active, but became too agressive towards my 5year old grandson. I was able to place in another home with more hens. I am told he is very happy there.
Shortly after he left the Buff Orp hen went broody and claimed all eggs in the coop. We let her set on 11 eggs. We noticed them starting to dissappear, and discovered a nearby snake. She was down to three eggs. Which all three hatched out! Only two survived.
At the time the hens we had were - 2 Silver Laced Wyandotte, Buff Orp, and a RIR
Here are the photos of them, they hatched out 23 Aug 10.

48869_hatched.jpg

48869_white_baby.jpg

48869_white_baby_back.jpg

48869_buff_baby.jpg

Your black and white looks alot like mine so if you find out what it is, let me know.... mine is between 4-6 months of age... we just got her/him from a farm
64297_img_3722.jpg

Thanks everyone! I was hoping one was a Roo.. They are both very pretty and it was way fun watching the Momma Hen protect them and lead them around the yard. But watch out if they got too far away and we were too close! The funniest was when we saw them roosting at night ON TOP of her!

Quote:
Ya i love the roosting. When my two younger SLW where about 4 months they would roost ontop of one of my leghorns. It was always the same leghorn too, yet she never mothered them. HAHA

Back
Top Bottom