Buff Orpington 6 weeks old - female or male

Well if the Red Sex Links are red, which they appear to be, they're definitely females! (Assuming they're first generation from a reputable source!)
yes, thankfully! at least I have two egg layers :( not sure what to do with the buffs now, do they make a lot of noise when crowing? (I am in the suburbs and do not want to disturb neighbors)

Agree that the Orphingtons are cockerels, sorry.
Just wondering; did you pick them out? Were they the 'friendliest'?
Mary
I actually got them from Tractor Supply Co. but the person who worked there picked them out at random. I have noticed that starting from 3 weeks they began to fight a lot and they fight with each other at least once a day which stirred my suspicions regarding their gender.

If you only have six birds total, there's no way to have four males and only two females together. Roosters do crow, and if they are illegal where you live, rehome all of them as soon as possible.
If legal, still it would be best to eliminate them all, with only two pullets, and no experience having roosters.
Mary

Last edited:
If you only have six birds total, there's no way to have four males and only two females together. Roosters do crow, and if they are illegal where you live, rehome all of them as soon as possible.
If legal, still it would be best to eliminate them all, with only two pullets, and no experience having roosters.
Mary
oh no, I did not know this.....

Back
Top Bottom