Impeckable

In the Brooder
Oct 15, 2019
Hello chicken lovers! I'm back again looking for sexing help, I'm pretty sure I know the outcome of this one but given that this is both my boyfriend I's favorite chicken of our flock, he insists I post it to get second opinions in case I'm just being paranoid 😂

Here is our 11 week old buff orpington, which I would have swore was a hen up until recently. I went out yesterday morning and it appears that they might be growing saddle feathers, I have owned a buff orpington hen in the past and do not remember these two toned feathers. However like I said, I just want second opinions to make sure I'm not paranoid! I apologize if the lighting outside makes it hard to tell the feathers are a different golden (almost orange-y) shade. This chickens comb is also significantly larger and redder than any of my other chickens of any of the breeds, despite being the same age or a week older. A shame if this does end up being a young man, they were definitely the most friendly chicken I've ever had, especially as a chick. They are also definitely the most dominant chicken.

3.jpg 2.jpg 1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom