Bugs & Problems With The New Platform

I agree- I have been having a very hard time finding other threads with similar problems that people have experienced in the past.

The search engine appears not to work!

I am going to have to devote some major time to trying to figure out how to search in a way that actually is effective, that's for sure! Maybe we can find useful information by searching for the phrase "search engine" or "search engine bugs" or "search engine problems" etc. It is exhausting, though, and I'm feeling rather defeated right now..

Can someone help me where to find the link to go to peoples profile page. Like there page, I forgot what its called, but it used to say something like "View profile page" or something like that. It would be awesome if someone could PM me on how to do it.

Beautiful_Chickens wrote: How interesting...thank you for testing on your computer. I'm baffled by the different results of your first 2 searches mentioned. Putting those 3 words in quotes I supposed brought up that actual phrase 4 times on the site. I will have to try that next and see if that's the case!

But it is interesting that when you tried as a title search, it must have told you that no titles contained both words, whereas when I tried as a title search, it appeared to simply have eliminated the word "meat" from my search and/or just ran it as a full post search rather than a title search.

Depends on use of the operators: http://www.internettutorials.net/boolean.asp

For instance: if I just use advanced search (text/posts only) and query: "chantecler and meat" (not using AND as operator) I get 10 results. The first post contains a link to a Canadian website on Chanteclers used as meat birds. If I had not set those words off as a group with quotation marks I'd get over 100,000 posts with every instance of every letter highlighted (full text post search).

Last edited:
Can someone help me where to find the link to go to peoples profile page. Like there page, I forgot what its called, but it used to say something like "View profile page" or something like that. It would be awesome if someone could PM me on how to do it.

Right now it's awkward. Click their handle, go to view profile.
Scroll down to the line with :
*Breeds & Supplies * forums *articles *profile
You'll see a green square next to each.
Click it to uncheck it (turn the square grey) for all but articles, and then you'll see their page listed.

I put mine in my signature, and also under "My Coop" under my avatar, so it's easier to find.

Last edited:
Right now it's awkward. Click their handle, go to view profile.
Scroll down to the line with :
*Breeds & Supplies * forums *articles *profile
You'll see a green square next to each.
Click it to uncheck it (turn the square grey) for all but articles, and then you'll see their page listed.

I put mine in my signature, and also under "My Coop" under my avatar, so it's easier to find.
Well I need to learn how to do that signature thing.
yippiechickie.gif

Find your member page. Go to your profile. CLICK Edit Community Profile then scroll down. Copy the URL into the box marked "My Coop" and it will appear under your user name like it did on the old system.

I like that picture on your page.

I looks like you not only posted the picture, but also tried to post it with the old img code, so that code appears at the top. You should be able to delete that and type some commentary in there in its place.

Back
Top Bottom