Building a Chicken Coop

billybob107

In the Brooder
10 Years
Oct 13, 2009
Has anyone here bought/downloaded the book "Building a Chicken Coop" by Bill Keene. When searching online through yahoo and google, this book keeps coming up and links to this download. Its 29.99, just wondering if anyone here ever tried it and is it worth the $$$. Thanks in advance for ya'lls help!

Yes, I unfortunately purchased it when I started to think about getting chickens. I was dissapointed with it and requested my money back (which I did receive). The plans are not very detailed and 99% of the information was the same as I found on the internet for free. There are only three plans offered in extremely small print. I have no experience at all in building and found that the most useful information I got was a how to build a shed book I found at Lowes and the information on BYC and other free internet sits. Good luck with your coop plans, but skip purchasing this book.

I would be carefull with plans online, I have purchased 3 sets and they are not very detailed. And even though I have contacted the people multiple times, I have not gotten my money back.
he.gif
I can try to send them to you if you want to check them out, I don't have the one you are talkint about, but you can look at these if you want. PM me if you are interested.

I would never buy any plans on line, I did one time for solar and wind power plans. These were totally useless and could not get my money back. You will find more info on the BYC site and its free.

Quote:
Excellent!

Thanks to all of you! I was about to blow 30 bucks, thanks for not letting me step of that edge...

I went to the library found plans on farm buildings, sheds, and green house. They have books on building, cement, roofing and electrical. These books are free to read. Ryan

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom