My family of 8 decided to raise chickens this year after several years of contemplating doing so. We went out and got some chicks and are currently building a coop by repurposing the kids old swing set/play house. Day 1. We cut about 18" off the legs and removed the swing portion all together. Day 2. We relocated it to a more suitable location and began construction. My fine crew is doing an awesome job. Day 3. We added the run portion framing. The plywood roof was only to keep it dry during construction. The coop has a linoleum floor and 8" tall PVC sides for easy cleaning. This is the access/clean out door on the rear. There are three PVC lined nesting boxes on the side with side access. More trim boards have been added and a window installed. Now we are ready for paint and then hardware cloth and the metal roof. And chickens of course.