Bullying. Needs. To. Stop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moochie

Songster
9 Years
Nov 8, 2010
North Edwards
Being naturally thin, I get often made fun of and ridiculed. I have had guys tell me I'm straight up ugly for being lean and I've had men tell me that I'm beautiful. I'm only a teenager so I don't know why curves should matter right now. Apparently to everyone else it's so important. Do I honestly need your approval of how I should look? What business do you have rating a teenage girl? Are you a pedophile? - I have been told "women should have curves and I would laugh at you if I saw you" does teen not get into your head? Is there even a brain in there?
I am 98 lbs, 5' 7", and PROUD. I am not changing myself for no one. And a REAL man doesn't try to bring down young girls' body sizes. You want a real woman, with curves and all? You think they should look only one way and nothing in between? Then start acting like a man because no sane woman wants a shallow bias fool with an extreme hate for anything that doesn't have a DD bust measurement. I would slap my man in the face if I heard him ridicule a teenage girl just because she is thin.
And to girls that have made fun of me for being 'ugly'. Uglyness isn't just on the outside, sweethearts.
Everyone is beautiful, gorgeous, sexy, cute, hot, pretty, whatever, etc,, just be yourself. Don't change yourself. Also, peace love unity and respect. PLUR. Go by it like me. :D

Last edited:
There is someone for everyone. Tall and skinny are what some magazines go for. Medium height and curvy are what others do.

I know it's REALLY difficult but the less you obsess about your body, the happier you will be. That boy probably thought you were starving yourself and wanted you to know he likes thicker girls. See? Out there is a girl with weight who hates her body. She thinks no one will want her because of her weight.

That guy is looking for her!

When I was in high school I was a stick. Painfully thin. Treading water was excruciating because I sunk so hard and fast it was a serious effort to stay afloat. I sunk in the OCEAN. Photos of me, in junior high are hard to look at. I looked like a skeleton.

First year of college, discovered weight lifting and now my lean body was a huge benefit.

When you are exercising in high school, starting out lean will make your body gleam, once you begin to tone it and fill it in, with muscle. You will look back on this time and smile, thinking about how you were worried about your "skinny" body!

Search YouTube for the word "bodyrocker". If that girl did not work out, she'd be skinny skinny.

Be happy in your skin girl! Everybody wants to be what they are not. Except for happy people who accept who they are. Everyone is only given so much, to start. After that, it's only potential.

You make you, what you become. :)

I'm not sure how old you are, but......boys are dumb and they stay that way for a good long time. Regardless of whether you ever become a curvy girl or not, you will find the right guy for you. Not all guys like curvy girls, and not all girls are curvy. The good news about not being a curvy girl; is that when you're older you'll still have a rockin body and not have boobs hanging down to your knees.

Be happy with who you are. It doesn't matter if you're tall,
short, fat or skinny. That only matters if you're buying clothes.

One of those true Spook storys?

My senior year in high school there was a girl. Let's be kind and
just didn't have the best of things. She was a little heavy, came
from the poor side of town.

Being teenagers, we teased her. Boy and girl alike, we teased her.

I had a teacher I'll never forget. He taught us things that wasn't in
the books. Teasing somebody to be mean wasn't allowed. Not at
all. He broke us from teasing that girl.

She and I ended up pretty good friends. Her whole life.

She married my sister in laws brother. Close as family.

A few years ago, I was a pallbearer at her funeral. I considered it
as an honor.

Spook...who will never forget that girl.

Next time he says something that stupid point out that men are supposed to have testicles but he seems to be managing without them.

Moochie, I know exactly how you feel. I was extremely thin in high school and got all the anorexic jokes and flat chested remarks...I was terribly self conscious. The worst comments about my chest were the "oh, look...you have two mosquito bites!" Often said in front of many other kids, and sometimes said by my own friends! I knew instinctively to laugh and smile and pretend it was funny to me too, otherwise they may have never stopped teasing me. They let it go after they saw it didn't bother me.

I developed my personality rather than my body, and I made more friends and had more boys interested in me for that reason.

The good news is, I'm in my early thirties now, and I still weigh what I did when I graduated high school! And I've had two kids! I have lots of friends who are battling their weight issues, both older and younger than me, and I feel for them, because I know they are really struggling. But they don't look down on me for being skinny, and I don't look down on them for being heavier. Things do get better, and as you get older you'll realize people won't judge you on your body type like they do in school.

Just keep staying positive, and laugh off any stupid remarks. Your peers will respect you for it. And remember, your fast metabolism and natural skinniness is a gift that most people would pay big time to have for themselves!

That was kind of my point about my attempt at humor about the government passing bullying laws. You will never legislate morality or behavior it has to be stopped by the one who does it and them alone. We have laws that are dealing with phsyical abuse yet we abuse we have laws against bullying behavior and yet folks still get bullied. You will always have bullies and how each person decides to deal with it is as varied as what you can have for dinner. The damage is when someone tells you that bullying will not happen because we passed a law or some other form of false assurances that create an unrealistic image of a society where you will never be bullied and then whammo! you get bullied and do not know how to cope with it and unfortunately some take their own life out of despair. At least that is how I see it.

Want to see who does not get bullied? go to any school and see... it is the people that will not put up with it and do not show weakness.

Last edited:
My guess is they were referring to some past mass murders like Pol Pot, Stalin or Mao Zedong or many other self proclaimed atheist murders.

They also all had brown hair, but calling them "brown-haired murderers" makes about as much sense as calling them "atheist murderers." Their murders were not a result of them being atheists any more than they were a result of them having brown hair.

Uh, atheism is a religion, ( I know and realize not all atheists believe this).
http://creation.com/atheism-a-religion

By the same analogy, not playing soccer is a sport.

Seriously, though, atheism is not a religion -- there is no unified belief (only a shared non-belief in the existence of gods), no dogma or philosophy, no worship, etc. Basically, it's defined as a lack of something, not the "having" of something. The essay on the link you posted is trying to bend something together that just isn't so. There are atheists who do have beliefs and philosophies, but they are not unanimous among atheists.

Where the essay in your link fails is in its idea that atheists all follow the belief that there are no gods. What is more accurate is that the argument for the existence of gods was not presented with any evidence, and so the argument was dismissed. We are all born agnostic -- without the knowledge of religion. It must be taught for it to be adopted -- or rejected. Some learn the stories associated with the predominant religion of their part of the world and say they believe. Others learn the same stories and remain unconvinced -- and that is very different from learning stories that gods don't exist and believing them. To say it another way, atheism isn't a belief that there are no gods -- it's a lack of belief that there are any. And "not believing A" does not become "a belief in B."

:)

Or knows better. Atheist are quick to defend themselves but fall short on proving God does not exist. "teach?" don't you mean proselytize?
Jumping in late here, but couldn't resist. In my experience, Atheism is really about looking at tangible evidence, not solely to prove or disprove a deity. It's about looking at what hard facts add up to. And technically, everyone is an atheist to a point. Do you believe in Zues? Thor? No? Congrats on being an atheist.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom