Pics
Hey y’all so Munchkin is still struggling with bumblefoot, and I ended up taking her to the vet today, after fighting this infection forever, and he suggested surgery. The whole estimate for the surgery, culture, x rays, etc was way out of my price range. Like almost in the four digit range. I decided to start with an antibiotic and an anti-inflammatory medication and then I scheduled the surgery for just the mass removal. It’s less than the original estimate but still a dang lot of money. But I’m willing to try this right now… even if i don’t have a ton of extra money right now. Well anyways, I tried to give her the clindamyacin tonight, and I struggled with my sister to try to get it down her. We held her wings down tight and had her contained well but she just kept spitting it out and exploding them. I’m extremely allergic to the medication so really shouldn’t get this on me but she’s my duck and I love her so I’m just gonna keep trying. So my question is, can I give her the pill just like I would a chicken and shoving it back in her mouth?
Is this way correct? The pill is a capsule, not a tablet like the one in the video

Hey y’all so Munchkin is still struggling with bumblefoot, and I ended up taking her to the vet today, after fighting this infection forever, and he suggested surgery. The whole estimate for the surgery, culture, x rays, etc was way out of my price range. Like almost in the four digit range. I decided to start with an antibiotic and an anti-inflammatory medication and then I scheduled the surgery for just the mass removal. It’s less than the original estimate but still a dang lot of money. But I’m willing to try this right now… even if i don’t have a ton of extra money right now. Well anyways, I tried to give her the clindamyacin tonight, and I struggled with my sister to try to get it down her. We held her wings down tight and had her contained well but she just kept spitting it out and exploding them. I’m extremely allergic to the medication so really shouldn’t get this on me but she’s my duck and I love her so I’m just gonna keep trying. So my question is, can I give her the pill just like I would a chicken and shoving it back in her mouth?
Is this way correct? The pill is a capsule, not a tablet like the one in the video
I'm so sorry you and Munchkin are having to go through this. I know the feeling. I spent well into the 4 digits on my duck. It's crazy.

That's more or less how I give pills. Just gotta shove them far enough back.

Well, it’s been a long hard fight. Over a year we struggled with this awful bumblefoot. I had begun to believe it would NEVER go away. I’d tried things endlessly, but there was no more I could do. We FINALLY found a vet that would take her, and did some math and figured out what we could take off to do the most minimal things to get her better, without spending a ton of money. Finally, the day came, and we got it removed, afterwards we battled with swelling, scabbing, and the incision busting back open, no matter what I tried. We quickly put her on another antibiotic and that cleared it up. Now, a Year and a month after this journey started, I’m proud to announce Munchkin’s bumblefoot is no longer. She will be separated a bit longer and I will be very carefully strengthening the skin where the incision was and slowly changing her bedding and getting her used to walking in the yard again. She will also need to reintegrate into the flock, but I don’t mind one bit. It’s a happy day for us. We won our battle. 🥹😁

Attachments

• 58BB9973-B947-4967-904B-B99C12EBB169.jpeg
    58BB9973-B947-4967-904B-B99C12EBB169.jpeg
    545.7 KB · Views: 2
Well, it’s been a long hard fight. Over a year we struggled with this awful bumblefoot. I had begun to believe it would NEVER go away. I’d tried things endlessly, but there was no more I could do. We FINALLY found a vet that would take her, and did some math and figured out what we could take off to do the most minimal things to get her better, without spending a ton of money. Finally, the day came, and we got it removed, afterwards we battled with swelling, scabbing, and the incision busting back open, no matter what I tried. We quickly put her on another antibiotic and that cleared it up. Now, a Year and a month after this journey started, I’m proud to announce Munchkin’s bumblefoot is no longer. She will be separated a bit longer and I will be very carefully strengthening the skin where the incision was and slowly changing her bedding and getting her used to walking in the yard again. She will also need to reintegrate into the flock, but I don’t mind one bit. It’s a happy day for us. We won our battle. 🥹😁
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!
:wee

Back
Top Bottom