BrittAppalachia

In the Brooder
Apr 16, 2018
Is this bumblefoot? And if so what should I do to treat it for a duck?

E6B1C6BE-48BF-40EF-94C0-DC99993EB54A.jpeg

Thank you!!

Attachments

• IMG_3773.JPG
    IMG_3773.JPG
    270.7 KB · Views: 8
I don't want to give you a definite yes or no answer in case I'm wrong, but it does look like an early version I recently saw on one of my chickens. I'd say wait for someone more knowledgeable on early stages than I am, though! lol However, commenting to ask; is that another spot in the middle of their foot?

Aw, poor thing. Whatever it is, it doesn't look too serious or progressed to me. Does she seem to be limping at all? Are you able to maybe try gently cleaning the foot off a bit and seeing if she seems sensitive to touch? It does look a bit swollen to me.

She’s not limping at all! I check them weekly just to be safe but I haven’t seen any issue so far with any of my ducks! I felt the area and it doesn’t seem to be warm or hurting her. I wanted to give her an Epsom soak but as soon as I put her down she went to nest in the coop for the night. I’ll check her again in the morning to see where it’s at and give her a bath then maybe.

I'd get some clear iodine and after soaks with Epsom salt spread the iodine over the bumble with a q tip wait a few days and do it again. What you wanting is for the scab to peel off easily once you get the scab off the can use a pair of tweezers to pic out the bumble. The iodine helps bring it to the surface. Make sure to get clear.

I'd get some clear iodine and after soaks with Epsom salt spread the iodine over the bumble with a q tip wait a few days and do it again. What you wanting is for the scab to peel off easily once you get the scab off the can use a pair of tweezers to pic out the bumble. The iodine helps bring it to the surface. Make sure to get clear.

So do I wait a few days after the first application of iodine or apply the iodine daily? And then just keep it covered until healed?

Back
Top Bottom