Buy some Ducklings from ideal....should I? Calling all duck raisers!

Chicken7777

Songster
13 Years
Oct 10, 2008
North Jersey
Hi everyone i have bought from Ideal about a month and a half ago. I was able to buy an assortment of chicks, and at that time i also wanted ducklings but they came out as sold out until next year, so i wasnt able to.
Well i received my chicks this november 5th and now that i check Ideal they happen to have some ducklings available.

I really wanted pekin ducklings, but when i first saw they were all sold out i just bought a pair and they are very beautiful but now i dont know what i should do....the pair is from mcmurry hatcheries. Is there a difference in pekins from mcmurry and from Ideal? if anyone might have mature adults from either or both please do post pictures i would appreciate the bother....

Well i was also thinking of buying a khaki campell ducklings for eggs..I want to limit myself only to ONE female lol, becuase i already have a pair of ducks and dont want too much either, and maybe ONE female pekin duck, just to see how it might be once it is mature...there is one thing i am still deciding to do and i have no idea what, but i was maybe thinking of buying a crested pekin female duckling but what is not letting me decide is on how its offsprings will be. Will they all be crested?(the male would be a regular pekin) and how do they look when mature? do they look weired or pretty cute? i have seen some pics but i dont know if people mess with those pics or if they are the real ducks look....

Well i would appreciate the help with these decisions...Thank you.

Last edited:
ideal poultry has very good chicks and ducklings. i know people who have bought from ideal and from mc murry. i have to say ideal had some nice looking ducks . if you just want to raise ducks just to raise them you should go with mc murry . if you want to eat them(they taste really good) or

show them i would go with ideal.
D.gif

Thank you for the reply i though no one was going to help me out.....lately that has been happening to me, I post something and no one seems to reply back to me..............

So there is a difference in duck from both hatcheries? i really didnt know this, but i have been wanting to know this for a while now..does anybody have pictures? and chickencarsten what is the main difference in both? is it size or another trait?
Thank again!

No, there is no difference in the birds from either hatchery, except price. I think it was greyfields who said almost every hatchery gets their stock from the same place.

Back
Top Bottom