BYC Café

Ow! Stop that!
The pain lasted two days and then there was no pain...and that was not good!

It was between second and third degree nerve damage-- third degree is a severed nerve.

This one was close to severed so the nerve has to tunnel down the sheath to repair itself. It has not reached all the way to my foot and may never make it there.

The pain lasted two days and then there was no pain...and that was not good!

It was between second and third degree nerve damage-- third degree is a severed nerve.

This one was close to severed so the nerve has to tunnel down the sheath to repair itself. It has not reached all the way to my foot and may never make it there.
The nerve to the end of my left thumb got severed in the 80s. It's not been a problem. But if I knock the bit just below the scar where the severance occurred, it feels like it happened to the end of my thumb. It's really weird 🤪

The nerve to the end of my left thumb got severed in the 80s. It's not been a problem. But if I knock the bit just below the scar where the severance occurred, it feels like it happened to the end of my thumb. It's really weird 🤪
I wish the sciatic nerve could heal like that! It is the longest nerve in the body and nerves regrow at a quarter of an inch a month. The growth slows the further it goes down the nerve.

Since my injury is just out of the spinal column, it has to go down the back of the leg, through the knee and then down the front to the toes
It is a very long way to go

Back
Top Bottom