BYC Crochet Club **ARCHIVE THREAD** NEW THREAD OPENED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys - I have not disappeared. Was trying hard to get my squares out on Friday, but had to go out to the farm. My alpaca farm is at my sister's which is 40 minutes away. Our mom (who lives with my sister) was in the hospital and now is in a nursing home for rehab and it has been quite busy going from home to the country to see Mom and to help my sister with the farm. Maw - please pm me your address and the squares will be out tomorrow or Tuesday at the latest. I haven't even had time to read since last Thursday - so I will catch up (reading) tomorrow at work if time permits.

Bonnie

Hey Gals I am still around we have just been really busy on the Greenhouse. Repotted 16 tomato plants into 5 gal buckets and 20 Chocolate Habenaros into 2-21/2 gal containers. Jsut this afternoon. Done alot of cleaning and rearianging in there too.

welcome-byc.gif
Blossom hen and Lurthernchick always glad to add more to our Crochet Hooker Sisterhood. As has been said we all are a bit crazy but a fun loving and warm hearted bunch.

JaciesCoop Those afghans are soo wonderful, I am sure your sons will really enjoy them.

Alpacachick sorry to hear that your Mom was in the Hospital, I hope she gets better soon.

SK that is one Huge Snake, Did you all eat it or what did ya do with it? Good for Hippy Jim to see it and kill it
clap.gif
before someone else came across it, like one of your adorable kids.
ep.gif

I hope everyone had a Sun was shining here all day. Been very nice weather here.

Maw I am glad to see you and No Chick and SK are also pasting on the Hooks as it were. Noah is learning to crochet also he has a chain that is now taller than I am. That doesn't take much I am just over 5'2" But he has decided to take Crocheting for 4-H too. Hey who knows I might even get him interested in the spring swap too.

Well gals I need to go and get ready for some crocheting and then
I will check in with ya all in the morning
big_smile.png
Karan

Last edited:

I hope everyone has a wonderful and filled day.

1momma your squares look wonderful
big_smile.png
I did mean to tell you that.

How did everyones Halloween go? I never heard.

It's a heavy morning for me. Time change isn't settled yet getting up earlier than I need to.

Well I need to go let out the will check with all of you later.
big_smile.png
Karan

Mornin' gals, DH and I just returned from our annual check-ups. Healthy was the diagnosis, yaayyyyyyyyyy! Now I have my coffee and the pellet stove is on and I'm makin' squares! It's an ugly, gray day here in Jersey!

Scoot!! Where DID you get that fabric????!!! That horse looks JUST like my Debbie Bell....she's a clydesdale! BEAUTIFUL QUILT!!

I have not been able to catch up on posts, for some reason my ISP has been S-L-O-WWWWfor the past week!

Have a good Monday!!

Nancy

Oh Thank you My for gracing us with your graphic beauty.

We all bow
yippiechickie.gif
yippiechickie.gif
yippiechickie.gif

I loved the little chickens cracking the egg
lau.gif
and I loved the little duck from the other day, so sweet.

1momma glad to hear the Doc says you both are all clear.
clap.gif

Maw glad that the squares are rolling in, so great that so many have had the chance to join in the fun. I haven't decided what to do with mine yet. I wonder if ya can make a jacket with them? I know you said you were making a robe. I am getting so excited
woot.gif
yeah packages to be looking for sometime
Sorry I get kind giddy when I know I have packages coming, even if it will be a while yet.

Welcome back Bonnie....and Nancy .....and Momma!! Jacie..those afghans are sooooooo nice!!! A++++++++++++++++++++++ work, wow, beautiful!!! No wonder we haven't heard from you!!!

Anyone else hate this time change??!! I leave in the pitch black dark and get home in the pitch black dark!! ughhhh! Hard to do chicken chores in the dark!!

Adding two more to our Secret Santa list!!! Others welcomed through the 15th!!!!

Last edited:
thsmiley-santa.gif

SECRET SANTA PROJECT!!! SIGN-UP OPEN!

Please do not feel obligated just because you belong to the crochet swap! NO OBLIGATION!!!
thchristmas9.gif

Rules:Sign - Up Closes: November 15th

Secret Santa Items: Must be a HANDMADE item of reasonable cost or investment. For example .... if I were to crochet a long scarf out of nice yarn and add a spider ornament to that, I would think that would be a nice gift...if I made a record bowl with the crocheted washcloths and the music cd and music soap like I plan to make for my co-workers, that would seem like a nice gift to me too...you all are talented and what you make does not need to cost much, just be thoughtful about it and it will mean the world to whoever gets it, I'm sure
wink.png
thchristmas8.gif

Santa Assignment: On November 16th, every person on the list will be sent the name of their "secret" person. Please do not reveal which name you have!!! It is a "SECRET"!!! I will send you the name and address of your "secret" person and you will be required to make them something and have it shipped to them no later than December 15th. Only after or during shipping are you to reveal to the person that you are their Secret Santa!!

How to sign up: Send me a pm with your name and address and you will be added to the list. Only myself and the person you are assigned to will be given your name and address.
thchristmas13.gif

Feel free to save your present until Christmas or open it when you get it..either way, please take a picture and share the fun experience with the rest of us!!! The main objective here is to have fun with this project..simple, easy and fun!!!

This would be a great time to recruit new members to this thread!!
thsantagif.jpg

LIST:

1. Scrambled Egg - (Darlene) Organizer
2. Mawchickkide - (Jessica)
3. Athena - (Athena)
4. EastTnChick- (Steph)
5. Queen Scoot - (Rosey)
6. AmyQuilt - (Amy)
7. KaranLeaf - (Karan)
8. No Chicks Here - (Susan)
9. Risurocket - (Shanah)
10. Guitarists - (Angie)