BYC Crochet Club **ARCHIVE THREAD** NEW THREAD OPENED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
CUTE!!!
love.gif

no chicks here says it all!! adorable!!

Wow - ya'll have been busy! Beautiful afghan & dog sweaters! Although, I agree that Lizzie doesn't look to pleased to be wearing her black & pink one!
gig.gif

Blessings to all who are w/o power, water, etc. due to the weather. And to all those who are out in the weather trying to "fix" things! Our power was out last night, probably because or the wind. DS found his way to a friend's house. We just got back in from our trip to SC. The only one who had to deal with a cold house here was the cat, and he has a fur coat.
SE - I waved @ you & Dennis blew the horn when we passed under I-95.
frow.gif
frow.gif
We got lots of wierd looks.
tongue2.gif
Wonder why?
I got two hats & a dishcloth finished today, and several more things to finish before Wednesday. Not to mention shopping to finish, and I need to stop to get a new tire for my car too. It never ends does it?
Wanted to share a quick story w/you. When we got home, dh checked the mail and found a letter from Applegate Securities, Inc. Said he had won $250,000, and they even sent a check for $4995 to cover the taxes! Nice, huh? It just seemed too good to be true. We did a little investigating (I LOVE Google!
love.gif
), and it's a known scam. Dennis is taking the letter & check to the sheriff's dept tomorrow. If you get this letter, take it to your local law enforcement & let them handle it. DON'T fall victim to this - At best you will be out about $3000. At worst, they will clean out your checking account. Nice way to treat people here at Christmas, huh? And there are those who would fall for it!
somad.gif
somad.gif

See ya'll tomorrow,
Kay

Glad you had a great, worthwhile trip LC. Those weren't wierd looks, they were more of a..how you say... concerned with your sanity? lol
Bet the cat wasn't too happy with the climate change, and will let you know it. lol
Well, got some shopping finally done today. Have to go back tomarrow for the other stuff.. panties, pants, toys for the girls and mine...lol
OMGOODNESS!!! Have to tell yall this...
Last year, Alyssa wanted santa to bring her boxing gloves.... dunno why.. Well, by the time I found out about what she asked him for ( she wouldnt tell me ) I couldnt find them anywhere.. she was MAD! She loved all the other stuff she got, but she'll still tell ya santa messed up....
Caydence had asked for a pink lion. I searched everywhere for this thing... no luck whatsoever... She too, was sadly disappointed in santa last year..
Well, this year, I got to overhear what they told santa.. WHEW!
And today.. *TADA!*.... I found not only.. a unicorn, but also, a doggy that does tricks! And for a cheap price then what I was expecting! ~~ So, yes Virginia, there is a Santa Claus.. lol

Well, hope everyone is thawed out. Our heat tape at the well failed sometime through the night and I woke up to no water this morning. A quick trip to the hardware store for new heat tape and an hour freezing half to death installing it at the well house, and we were good to go!!

Of course, my husband was doubling again, so I did it all by my lonesome.

Finished up my baking, the kitchen is clean, I scrubbed the rug, cleaned both bathrooms, cleaned the gerbil cage, the cockatiel cage, and washed the dog's rug.

The ham is glazed and set in it's bag to bake, all I have to do is put it in the oven tomorrow morning and raise my bread.

The in-laws (
sickbyc.gif
) come over tomorrow to celebrate Christmas and I'm determined to have the house perfect so my ignorant MIL has nothing to comment on except how much weight I've gained and how I'd look so much nicer if I'd just do something with my hair.
lol.png
roll.png

I'll make sure to crochet the whole time they're here and show them all the crochet stuff I've made for everyone else so she can gripe about how I never make her anything special.

LOL.

I've got a broody hen sitting on wooden eggs and golf balls (
roll.png
) I'm considering bringing her in just to make her more insane.

wee.gif

Well, off to hit the hay!
frow.gif

Em

Quote:
yuckyuck.gif
...not sure which was funnier "the ignorant MIL' or your poor hen
gig.gif

Sorry to hear about all the freeze ups everyone is going through...just think, this is the begining of winter!
barnie.gif
ep.gif
th.gif
hit.gif
caf.gif

SK
hide.gif
can I get a house cleaning fairy, pleeeeeeease. I am so overwhelmed without DH here to do all the outside stuff. I can't find time to do the iinside stuff.
mangled so sorry bout your MIL best thing to say is , wow even though your so critical of me I've really come to value you in my life. Huh! who'd a thunk it?
gig.gif

I was walking out to the coop today and my ankle folded right over it hurts like he!! and I'm out of tylenol.
Mangled I have a broody in the house with a chick. Figured my mother would have a fit. She comes over the other day and says " oh looks you have a hen with a chick. My father used to always have a hen with chicks in the house in the winter" I always forget she was raised on a farm.
Have to finish more dishcloths.
Oh and I finally have my tree up. but its not much fun without DH here to ooh and aaah at it.
I did the whole thing blue, blue lights balls and skirt. Its purrty!
get it PURRTY
lau.gif
gig.gif
:lau:lau:gig

All I can say!! Cute stuff...what a bunch of busy hookers! I had to speed read through all I missed because I'm really busy right now. Good job!! I've been working on a bunch of stuff for Christmas!
Mangled: I have one of those MIL and crazy inlaws coming too.
barnie.gif
I feel your pain.
hit.gif

I haven't had internet for 2 days. Ice storm was pretty bad. I fell twice. I didn't hurt myself too bad. Bruised knee but doesn't hurt too bad. Next time I fell on the behind.
big_smile.png
wink.png
I was more embarrased than anything. Looking around to see who saw me.
lau.gif
Funny thing is that I took my neighbors some chicken poop....it's fudge with marshmellows in it, looks just like it, Anyway he said he found an extra set of ice cleats that I could use. I figured he had seen me take my fall, but didn't. JUst being the great neighbor he is knew they would come in handy.

Time for bed. I'm pooped. I love the Holidays but it is so much work. It's worth it. My kids really make it fun.

Quote:
I will agree, & will add the grandbabies make it fun!
clap.gif
love.gif
, my oldest is 7 & he understands he will always be gramma & moms baby...but, don't have him blow kisses any more on the way to school.
gig.gif

I forgot to mention earlier that I loved the crocheted items also!
love.gif

wow lovemychix take care out there!
hugs.gif
And all the rest of you folks that are dealing with so much ice and snow!

I am feeling pretty icky tonight. I went to the chiropractor b/c I woke up the other day with my neck all jacked up, and I have felt sick ever since the adjustment.
sad.png
I have been drinking water non stop ever since, but still not making much of a difference. I guess I had one heck of a mess of tightness and toxins stored up. I popped louder than I think I ever have.

Well folks stay warm tonight. We won't get any snow on Christmas, but I know some of you wish you were in my weather shoes right now.

The in-laws ( ) come over tomorrow to celebrate Christmas and I'm determined to have the house perfect so my ignorant MIL has nothing to comment on except how much weight I've gained and how I'd look so much nicer if I'd just do something with my hair.

If I had a brother I would swear you were talking about my MOTHER!!!! Give her a nice bottle of wine and encourage her to drink it while she's there....ALL of it, lol!! Maybe then the worst she will do is drool on your chair as she passes out...quietly!!!!
lau.gif
gig.gif

Always worked with my mother-in-law anyway!!! I used to tell her the iron in the blackberry wine was really good for her as I poured her a tea glass full!!! hahahaha!!!

Have a great day, off to work..but off the rest of the week, yeah!!!​

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom