Should BYC Have It's Own, Easy To Use Genetic Calculator?

• Yes, great idea!

Votes: 192 86.9%
  • No, waste of time...

Votes: 4 1.8%
  • Yes, and I can offer help!

Votes: 18 8.1%
  • Yes, but with some adjustments to the original post...

Votes: 7 3.2%

• Total voters
Lol. With all the work I do I'm a ()
I honestly don't care. I like it. Maybe I could be called Rose Quartz's assistant? I'm pretty active on this work. Lol jk.

True.

I got one for weird expensive ham that I can't afford. It cost like a hundred dollars for a leg.

It's fine. I don't mind not being paid. I consider this a "free education" and a cheap fun hobby.
:idunno and here i was thinking i was your assistant lol.

Yeah i didnt join in this to get paid i enjoy learning this kind of stuff. And it would be super cool to be part of something that a ton of people will use.

id+ dermal melanin, also controls eye color, as well as id^M a gene which also controls leg colors, but it has to do with dermal melanin in chicks. Very minor gene. Anyways, it increases the melanin in the eyes, which explains the very dark eyes of my Easter Egger Starling (Am over Australorp) and why a lot of black colored chickens have such gorgeous brown eyes. E darkens slate legs.
Haha! Id also inhibits eye pigmentation!
Oh. id^m is important. You possibly can't get dark eyes without it. :hmm You combine it with extended black (E) to get dark eye color.
Br is a sexlinked dominant gene, but it doesn't say how this info helps us.
Barring and all that good stuff are also involved with eye color. Since I know the basis of leg color genetics, and they are very linked to eye color, I guess I'll take it on me to find out about it. It won't be any promised instant success though. I can't find any determined genes, not even on pearl eye!
On a positive note, kippenjungle gives out free genetic information for all! Scroll down a bit to get to the menu.http://kippenjungle.nl/sellers/page0.html

:idunno and here i was thinking i was your assistant lol.

Yeah i didnt join in this to get paid i enjoy learning this kind of stuff. And it would be super cool to be part of something that a ton of people will use.
Same. If I can be part of something to make an impact on the world, and get a self proclaimed vanity title all to myself that nobody knows about, I'll be happy. :rolleyes:

Unfortunately, not a lot, but a few patterns I discovered and snagged to save us some time. I should really be looking up more eye colors, but this is really super cool. http://kippenjungle.nl/sellers/page2.html#t16
But leg colors! Look at them! I understand them! This is an amazing! Don't take this moment from me!

Ok, so found more about the br brown gene. Turns out br/br is sex linked recessive as Br+/Br+ is sex linked dominant. Can't be sex linked as chicks since eye color comes later, but sounds like females would then have br/- or Br+/-? So Ameraucana Br+/Br+ over Australorp br/- would make bay eyed Br+/br males and Br+/- females, which would make Starling the Easter Egger genetically bay eyed, and she certainly has dark eyes.
But genetically, black E/E is dominant over wheaten e^wh/e^wh and she is E/e^wh genetically black (with gold leakage), and she has id+/id+ the dermal melanin gene so these factors may affect the appearance of the eye.
But a person has found out with brown red Ameraucanas, which have the ER (birchen) e gene, and verified that the gene br is sex linked recessive. So why would my E gene be different from his/her ER?
Switch the Australorp to the male parent br/br and the Ameraucana to the the female Br+/- you should get bay eyed Br+/br males and brown eyed br/- females, but with the dermal melanin genes this is proved confusing. So I will have to research further.
Tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom