Should BYC Have It's Own, Easy To Use Genetic Calculator?

• Yes, great idea!

Votes: 192 86.9%
  • No, waste of time...

Votes: 4 1.8%
  • Yes, and I can offer help!

Votes: 18 8.1%
  • Yes, but with some adjustments to the original post...

Votes: 7 3.2%

• Total voters
Look at the blue highlighted RrP notation on Rose Quartz post, the no P should be there either by capitol or lower case, the correct post should be R/r+, I suggest using the "/" sign to device each pair of allele.
yep I already mentioned to her to add that in. she's just been having a really bad week, so she hasn't had time to change anything yet.

@Cyprus
in your comb chart is this:
Rose x Pea: Pp+ RrP d+d+ Bd+Bd+

supposed to have the P there?

uh.. these look weird to me too:

Rose x Walnut Rp Rp x RP rP Pr Pp

Pea x Walnut Pr Pr x RP Rp rP rp

Walnut x Walnut RP Rp rP rp x RP rp rP rp

are the Pr, Rp, RP, supposed to do that?
The RrP isn't super to be there
Those ate like that because the genotypes are too varied for me to write out each one

The RrP isn't super to be there
Those ate like that because the genotypes are too varied for me to write out each one
I'm just about done the legs to match your setup. once I'm done I'll share a link and get your opinion, if you would like I could edit yours to make it the same as mine. adding the "/" "," and italics. and checking the lettering for any errors. I'm getting a bit bug-eyed looking at the leg ones so I get it being a pain to try to look over again. the only thing I would really need is maybe a think like what I have for the legs, a description of what each of the pairs of letters means. :D

suddenly realizing what I got myself into with these egg colors. :th

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1OOjHH5UaHbd4qoRNPF0jvDu4g26H42NZWdK403pCX8w/edit?usp=sharing

scroll down... I've gotta do 5 versions of the tints to cover each possible egg shell base combo.

Obviously most people aren't going to know what their roo's genetics are, but... if people have the breed selected for their roo then they can be provided with a shorter list of what egg shell genes the roo could possibly have or should possibly have.

as an example if you're crossing a delaware roo with a dorking hen
Delaware Brown: tint2 tint3 tint4
Dorking White/cream o+/o+ tint1

then for the roo egg options there could be a drop down that limits your options to tints 2, 3, and 4. instead of all 13. and the dorking would be limited to white or tint1.

which would give you a pretty close ball park. with the offspring.

the greens crossing will really only come into play if we are going to be allowing people to cross their offspring to generate random stuff. maybe have an option to only select egg color on it's own too, like if you know what color egg your roo was hatched from, choosing that and crossing with what your hen is laying. then having the out comes for that and not having to choose breed?

I dont know how do-able that would be if it was integrated with the choose your breed part.

Welsummers
Welsummer Roo.jpg
Welsummer Hen.jpg

Back
Top Bottom