Should BYC Have It's Own, Easy To Use Genetic Calculator?

• Yes, great idea!

Votes: 192 86.9%
  • No, waste of time...

Votes: 4 1.8%
  • Yes, and I can offer help!

Votes: 18 8.1%
  • Yes, but with some adjustments to the original post...

Votes: 7 3.2%

• Total voters
I don't think it would be all that nice to put adds with this calculator :/
It's a calculator; not a bulletin board.
The site has enough advertisements as it is; they slow my page down and push modules around before I can click on them.
It was just a thought :oops: I have several apps that have one very small ad at the bottom of the page and to me I'd much rather put up with that than have to pay for the app to support its makers. Even BYC owners have to eat :hugs

It was just a thought :oops: I have several apps that have one very small ad at the bottom of the page and to me I'd much rather put up with that than have to pay for the app to support its makers. Even BYC owners have to eat :hugs
I know. Sorry for the outburst. I'm just a little more than sick of ads all over my screen :/
I apologize :hugs

Alright, I finished the comb spreadsheet.
It's all set up for comb genotypes and F1 crosses

Later on I'll move onto the skin colors on the same spreadsheet.

one thing to make it easier to read, add a "/" between each of the letters, and a "," between each of the pairs. And italics. nicalandia asked us to do it that way. :D

eg:
p+/p+, r+/r+, d+/d+, Bd+/Bd+

do you think this might work better? some thing that's super straight forward for the programmers? https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1QRA-TFyv2FIvvc8wNy5_1AM4Z2p-gwzJB8RNJK-g6Ds/edit?usp=sharing

and have .jpg's with the same name as the options? then you could have a drop down list to select the darkness of your egg shell?

I would have to put in a "this + this =" kind of thing for every possible combination, but it's probably easier than them trying to figure out all the different combinations right?

(i'm not done fixing the colors but they have the coinciding name tags now.)

egg color chart.jpg

I dont understand all the letters and stuff so here's a tiny contribution XD

BBS

Black × Black = 100% black
Black × Blue = 50% black 50% blue
Black × Splash = 100% blue

Blue × Blue = 50% blue 25% black 25% splash
Blue × Splash = 50% blue 50% splash

Splash × Splash = 100% splash

BwBwSw

Wheaten × wheaten = 100% wheaten
Wheaten × Blue wheaten = 50% wheaten 50% blue wheaten
Wheaten × Splash wheaten = 100% blue wheaten

Blue wheaten × Blue Wheaten = 50% blue wheaten 25% wheaten 25% splash wheaten
Blue wheaten × Splash wheaten = 50% blue wheaten 50% splash wheaten

Splash × Splash = 100% splash wheaten

Wheaten
images-41.jpeg

images-40.jpeg

Blue Wheaten
2018-06-20-21-31-58--185617540.jpeg

images-39.jpeg

Splash Wheaten
images-44.jpeg

ALL
images-22.jpeg

ef6c9cab-56ff-4dc6-abd2-3afa8173fc17-293-00000037f51ebf6a.png

Both wrong. Because they're both dominant, black and blue would both be represented by capital letters, but since splash is the mutation, it would be represented by the prime symbol. So Bl'Bl.

Probably easier to do Blbl, honestly.
True, true
And when you freeze to an ice brick up in Canada my ghost can reclaim them :lau
Lol we live in Wisconsin.
K...so I don't look like I am completely useless ( :lau), here is the link to an album of photos I computed for the calculator
https://www.backyardchickens.com/gallery/albums/computed-photos.7428445/
Coool.
Yup...the picture I used had no feet in it...I suppose that is recessive though...:lau
Lol
Okay, so. This is where I've gotten so far on the combs.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1hwPSpkFqHnPGdMI96lUasS_7ztBl3DHKGNfCsieBlLI/edit?usp=sharing
I'm going to keep going; maybe not tonight. I have to do the math myself for the SinglexButtercup, but I am theorizing that it would result in 50% Single and 50% split-single which won't breed true.
I'll do that punnet tomorrow I suppose.
Too bad you can't add Breda combs. That's what the bd gene is for.
I live in WI, not Texas! I can handle up to -60F! :lau
Yeah!:highfive:
SUCCESS!

Very tough, misteh! :p

I beat the Canadian!!! :woot
We actually regularly get down to negative 30's and 40's here in the winter.
About 4 years ago we had a -60F day. School canceled and all that. I went outside and played in the snow.
I tried making frozen bubbles and throwing boiling water in the air to make ice one year. I think a friend from the next block over was invited too.
Come take my entire aviary! I give up :he! What temperature do I have to mention to make you shiver! :lau
I don't know, hasn't happened yet. All you gotta do is add more layers. During the April blizzard I still went out. Wearing swim goggles in whiteout conditions to protect my eyes. Lol

Lol. With all the work I do I'm a ()
I honestly don't care. I like it. Maybe I could be called Rose Quartz's assistant? I'm pretty active on this work. Lol jk.
I don't think it would be all that nice to put adds with this calculator :/
It's a calculator; not a bulletin board.
The site has enough advertisements as it is; they slow my page down and push modules around before I can click on them.
True.
Not to mention that the ads I get on this site are not even remotely relevant to poultry.
I get a TON of ads about dogs and cats, the next largest group is online clothes which is irrelevant, then I get luggage ads, intimates ads, swimwear ads, shoe ads, medicine ads, feminine hygiene ads, and finally........ after many irrelevant ads, I get ONE ad from MyPetChicken for chicks and hatching eggs.
An ad I have right now on this site is for Autism research. 100% not relevant to poultry.
I got one for weird expensive ham that I can't afford. It cost like a hundred dollars for a leg.
It's fine.
I don't mind not being paid. I consider this a "free education" and a cheap fun hobby. I'm not a Byc owner though so can't read their minds.
do you think this might work better? some thing that's super straight forward for the programmers? https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1QRA-TFyv2FIvvc8wNy5_1AM4Z2p-gwzJB8RNJK-g6Ds/edit?usp=sharing

and have .jpg's with the same name as the options? then you could have a drop down list to select the darkness of your egg shell?

I would have to put in a "this + this =" kind of thing for every possible combination, but it's probably easier than them trying to figure out all the different combinations right?

(i'm not done fixing the colors but they have the coinciding name tags now.)

View attachment 1438127

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom