BYC parrot and parakeet club

I am by no means a "Parrot Whisperer" but I have spent years learning how these sweet birds see things, just offering to help......too many birds wind up in Shelters, who are totally unable to help them...

He has two different areas here he likes to play. His cage and a mirror with branches and toys. He does feel secure there though. My family picks him up and moves him to bis food when he screams because he's 'Hungary's but I tell them that that enables him.

I have a Yellow Faced Sky Blue English Parakeet he's a young cock.

Last edited:
I did have muddy and clide my two parakeets but I left for 2 days and when my aunt went to feed them left the cage open and when I open my house door no muddy no clide
But I'm getting a new fancy parakeet named mud bug and a green one named craw dad

The bestest bird on the planet (for me) was a Sun Conure. My anecdote: Never trust your Landlord when it comes to your pets. I lost one of the coolest friends I ever had due to an idiot landlord. If death weren't permanent...he'd a gone straight the way my bird did.

my dad found kiki running around the back yard and his cage is locked kiki bit him when he was trying to make him step up i guess it is back to good behaviour training

Bonjour! I have a lavender rosella, a teal pied parakeet and a canary. Just wondering... Why my rosella breaks everything! She tears apart all the toys and poor Lyndsey (parakeet) never gets to play. Tippi (rosella) even throws food and knocks over the water. Any suggestions? They already have a huge cage and free rein of a large room half the day. Maybe it's because I spoil her to much... Lol she gets to listen to music all day and has about 50 toys

Bonjour! I have a lavender rosella, a teal pied parakeet and a canary. Just wondering... Why my rosella breaks everything! She tears apart all the toys and poor Lyndsey (parakeet) never gets to play. Tippi (rosella) even throws food and knocks over the water. Any suggestions? They already have a huge cage and free rein of a large room half the day. Maybe it's because I spoil her to much... Lol she gets to listen to music all day and has about 50 toys

Are they housed in the same cage? I would definitely not house them together. I am not experienced with rosellas but it is common for parrots to chew and rip apart toys. Some birds go through toys much faster than others. Do a weekly toy rotation to keep your bird interested. As for throwing the food it may be due to her not liking it. My conure throws his food when it is not to his liking. What do you feed your birds?

Back
Top Bottom