BYC parrot and parakeet club

It's much easier to answer questions than to "share everything I know". Typing "everything I know" will likely be very redundant for many people here. I try to help when I can, keeping in mind that there probably aren't as many parrot-people on a poultry forum.

:)

I didn't say everything you know i said anything, second this is not in the poultry forum it is in the Caged Birds - Finches, Canaries, Cockatiels, Parrots, etc. Forum. And there are many parrot-people here on BYC

Well, I wasn't intending to be harsh, and I hope you didn't take it that way. Perhaps you can take the lead and start off the thread by sharing anything you know about parrots, and we can start a discussion.

Yes, there are some parrot people here on BYC, but when I said "there probably aren't as many" I meant as compared to a forum specific to parrots and other cage birds. What brings most people to BYC is poultry -- compared to the other categories, the Cage Bird area is a bit quieter.

But I'm not trying to argue. I'm just not sure how you'd like us to participate. Perhaps post a question, or something in the news, or something interesting about one of your birds to share, and we can get a discussion started.

:)

I recently got a parakeet. I love her! I got her 3 months ago, and, since I got her from the pet store, she is very, VERY shy! She is getting better. Time is the key in taming. :)

Male baby budgies have translucent purpley pink ceres wereas females tend to have blues/purplish ceres with a hint of white around the nostrils. As adultes female's ceres are tan and males are blue. The cere is the part above the beak - about even with where the blue and green parts of the bell toy connect.

Young hens have white,tinted blue with white,adult hens have white,tan or crusty brown. Young males have pink,purple. Adult males have pink if ino,recessive pieds etc or purple or blue for most other mutations. They must be a least a year before breeding.

Back
Top Bottom