The Chicken and the Bee

In the Brooder
Sep 14, 2017
(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
I have had my backyard flock for about 2 years now but I am just starting to get serious about all of it. Love raising chickens and I hope to build a business around it. I just started incubating my own eggs and have successfully hatched about 50 chicks.
(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
I have about 35 mature chickens and about 30 chicks. We also have 2 turkeys and 3 guineas.
(3) What breeds do you have?
Wow this will be quite a long list. I will start with the ones I am most excited about....

• Ayam Cemanis
  • Blue Gold Partridge English Brahmas
  • Blue English Brahmas
  • Lavender English Brahmas
  • Golden Laced English Brahmas
  • Silver laced English Orpingtons
  • Mottled English Orpingtons
  • Lavender Ameracaunas
  • Black Copper Marans
  • Olive Eggers
  • Buttercream Blue Eggers
  • Cream Legbars
  • Golden laced Wyandotte
  • Blue Wyandotte
  • Welsummers
  • Bard Rock
  • Ameracauna
  • Silkies
  • Mille Fleur D'Uccle
  • Speckled Sussex
  • Jersey Giant
  • Gold Star
  • Black Australorps
  • Buff rock
(4) How did you find out about BackYardChickens.com?
I have used this site for references when I encounter issues with my flock.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
Building coops, gardening, permaculture, raising black solider flies, composting, quilting, being a mom
(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.

I was a high school teacher for the last 10 years and I have decided to try my hand at opening a business building chicken coops and getting the client set up with mature hens and all the information so they are fully equip to have fresh eggs immediately.

Attachments

• IMG_6959.JPG
    IMG_6959.JPG
    756.3 KB · Views: 13
There are some companies that let people rent the chickens - coop etc. and they can decide to keep them, or end the project after so many months. I don't know how popular/ successful they are.

Thank you for joining us at Backyard chickens. Hope you will enjoy it as much as we do.

:welcome

That's an impressive list of breeds you raise! Best of luck with your future endeavors and thanks for joining us!

Hi and welcome to BYC:frow Day care centers and schools will often rent a coop, hens, buy hatching eggs and rent the small bator... We're so happy you joined us:ya

Back
Top Bottom