Calif. N.Central Valley/Foothills

Quote:
Welcome to what can become an addition....LOL I don't know where you are without looking at a map, but it doesn't matter where you are you will have plenty of other chicken lovin' people around you once you get the word out......LOL. There are people with just a few pet chicken & then there are those that have waaaaaaaaaaaaaay too many chickens & love it. Guess which one I am?????? LOL. Just kidding.It is totally up to you how deep you jump!!!!!! Are your new chickens pullets for eggs or mixed genders or are they old enough to tell?
Karen in Turlock

Welcome to chickens and BYC. Karen, Atascadero is between Paso Robles and San Luis Obispo. I think there is a Central Coast thread that SJUDD might want to join as it will have people closer to Atascadero. Isnt that the one that lotsofpaint is on?

Quote:
Welcome to what can become an addition....LOL I don't know where you are without looking at a map, but it doesn't matter where you are you will have plenty of other chicken lovin' people around you once you get the word out......LOL. There are people with just a few pet chicken & then there are those that have waaaaaaaaaaaaaay too many chickens & love it. Guess which one I am?????? LOL. Just kidding.It is totally up to you how deep you jump!!!!!! Are your new chickens pullets for eggs or mixed genders or are they old enough to tell?
Karen in Turlock

Welcome to chickens and BYC. Karen, Atascadero is between Paso Robles and San Luis Obispo. I think there is a Central Coast thread that SJUDD might want to join as it will have people closer to Atascadero. Isnt that the one that lotsofpaint is on?

Denny (Denise) Thomas, Lotsapaints, is in Paso Robles. I don't know if she is on that thread but I would imagine she would be on a local on. I know I sure like the locals ones. I can actually Idenify with the people & the area they live in. Nice hearing from you Anna.
Karen

Denny (Denise) Thomas, Lotsapaints, is in Paso Robles. I don't know if she is on that thread but I would imagine she would be on a local on. I know I sure like the locals ones. I can actually Idenify with the people & the area they live in. Nice hearing from you Anna.
Karen

Gosh guys, I am not really as illiterate as it looks.......................I am just a really poor typist...!!!!! LOL

My grown son was laid of work so is home for now so I thought besides having help with the chickens which I really enjoy He could build some of my grow out pens for sale.
They are recycled wooden fruit bins that I have adapted to use as brooders, growout pens etc. They measure 4 foot by 4 foot by 2 foot with hinged lids on 2 sides. I make them with holes in the top middle board to hang a light for brooding if needed. The hinged tops are covered with 1/2 hardware cloth.
I have 5 of my own that are used for various stages of growth for my chicks. As my chicks grow I move them to the grow out pens until I put them out with the adults as they get big enough. I hang buckets with nipple waterers in the corner of mine but you can use commercial founts just set in them too. I hang a feeder off the middle top board on a hook with chain.
I have really been happy with these & my son has been building them with me.
I was going to sell them on Craigslist as I do my hatching eggs & chicks but thought I would offer them locally to BYC chicken lovers first.
I haven't told my son yet. I thought I would see if there was any interest first.
$120 each local pick up. We live in Turlock
Karen 209-667-6667

67305_peach_bin_brooder.jpg

Margarete,
I had a call off my Craigslist ad. A lady wanting colored Silkies.She wasnted Red but was interested in different colors. I told her I would check with you & see what (if anything) you had available. She lives in Modesto & didn't know about BYC on line.
Is it time for the BCM to hatch ?? Did you get anything? Remember I am getting older. Did you tell me & I forgot??????LOL
I have Silver Dorking due today but it was that shipped box that had 7 broken (smashed) eggs in it so I held out little hope for the leftover eggs. I have seem nothing all day & then just now when I checked I see 2 tiny pips. Who knows.....maybe????

Back
Top Bottom