Calif. N.Central Valley/Foothills

Quote:
oh, thats terrible, hope you get it figured out, was it something in the water or the temp in there? How weird.
hugs.gif

The water is the same as ever & 2 of the brooders are on nipple feed & deaths occurred in 3 differentr brooders. I think it was the heat in there & I turned light off for several hours yesterday & turned on another fan for circulation...........

Quote:
oh, thats terrible, hope you get it figured out, was it something in the water or the temp in there? How weird.
hugs.gif

The water is the same as ever & 2 of the brooders are on nipple feed & deaths occurred in 3 differentr brooders. I think it was the heat in there & I turned light off for several hours yesterday & turned on another fan for circulation...........

I havent used heat on chicks after a week old in months, and only then at night. I think they are fine as long as they can huddle together.

Thanks for your sympathy, all of you.............No new deaths. Maybe I should just leave the lights off Margarete except in the ones with the youngest babies. That's the one I lost the 2 Wheaten Marans in. I have new babies hatching now that will go in there.

Hi all, I am in Paradise, in the foothills above Chico. I have a 1 yr old Blue Silkie rooster I have to rehome. I will try Craigslist but haven't had much luck with it before. I would really like for him to go to a real chicken lover family. If anybody is interested or knows anybody who is interested, please PM me. If anybody in the Grass Valley area can take him, we will be up there next saturday for the fair and can bring him to you.
Thanks

39406_2011-07-31_162726.jpg

39406_2011-07-23_132030.jpg

39406_2011-07-23_132059.jpg

39406_2011-07-17_091946.jpg

Quote:
My daughter is now looking for a pet frizzle chicken for her backyard. She has been looking at pictures on line & I thought of you guys....................So keep a look out for me please. She saw some at the fair & went gaga!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! She is 35 years old years with 2 children & lives next door to me here in Turlock.
Karen

Quote:
Welcome,
It looks like you may be interested in horses too by your name......LOL
BCMs are my main focus also but I have many breeds just to try them out & get to know them & then I plan to make some drastic cuts & get down to maybe a dozen. If you have room the Wheaten Marans are very nice too & mine lay as nice an egg as my BCMs.
There is a poultry Meetup group not far from you where you & your Dad can actually meet & talk to other chicken Lovin' peole that get together every month or so. I think there is a meeting coming up soon. They just had one in Galt last week end. These people are chicken lovers mostly with just a handful of chickens in their backyards. I am the farther away member because I live in Turlock.Most of them live in Lodi, Stockton, Galt, Antioch, Clements, Herald etc.....If you're interested PM me & I will give you the info.
Karen in Turlock

Anyone local around here that is interested in a processing day? I am getting ready to give it a try myself & thought we could group together for support & fun..... If not I will ask my Delta group if they want too.
Karen in Turlock

Back
Top Bottom