California - Northern

The Yolo County Fair is in August and the rules said something about needing to own them for 60 days.
I don't know why, but the Yolo Co. Fair poultry show is barely a show. Agriculture is so important in this county, it's a shame to see only a few birds tucked away in a gloomy building. All the entries are by FFA students, that I've seen, so I wondered if it was even open to other exhibitors.

Kim

I don't know why, but the Yolo Co. Fair poultry show is barely a show. Agriculture is so important in this county, it's a shame to see only a few birds tucked away in a gloomy building. All the entries are by FFA students, that I've seen, so I wondered if it was even open to other exhibitors.

Kim
After a disease was called out at a big poultry show, this past year at our county fair, there was BARELY anyone showing chickens. I remember when there were about 30 exhibitors about every year, but this past year it was probably 11. And you wouldn't believe it, but it was only my sister, another kid in our club, and I, in advanced showmanship there. There were only 2 primary's, and 3 novices', and 4 intermediates'. I remember when showmanship classes were over 8 people per class.

Last edited:
Quote:
Kim:

Exhibit book is a bit weird. It looks like anyone can show them but only FFA sells them? I haven't gone to the Yolo County Fair in a couple of years, but remember the Poultry being stuck on a little place with the fish.

Jersey Giant folk,

Sorry to hear about the sick chickens. Sounds like a great time to show for those that show up
ep.gif

Ron

One of my good friends got her nankin taken in the middle of the day!
Yikes!! One time I was sitting in the car eating there, and some man rushed up to his car with a OEGB hen in his hand and opened his car door and put her in his lap and sped off out of the fairgrounds. It disturbed me much..

Yikes!! One time I was sitting in the car eating there, and some man rushed up to his car with a OEGB hen in his hand and opened his car door and put her in his lap and sped off out of the fairgrounds. It disturbed me much.. 

I bet that was not his. :( what the heck is wrong with people? I have no idea how I would explain that to my kids if that happened.

I bet that was not his.
sad.png
what the heck is wrong with people? I have no idea how I would explain that to my kids if that happened.
Well, I've got to say, he didn't look like a "real" chicken folk, he looked like a cockfighter, in his 20's..

Whenever I bring my chickens to fairs I put a padlock on their cage, after seeing folks look at point at my OEGB.... rooster...

Back
Top Bottom