1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

California - Northern

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by Nifty-Chicken, Jan 13, 2007.

1. tommysgirl

tommysgirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2012
    I filled a couple of tupper ware containers with water and the sink with water and opened the toilet to up the humidity in the bathroom then just left them on the floor in there.

What makes an embryo stop developing between day 10 and 14?? I am still fussed about my SGDs....Ron or Kim can you feed my need????

Last edited: Apr 20, 2013
  2. ronott1

ronott1 Daily Digest Guru Premium Member

Mar 31, 2011
    Woodland, California

3. PetRock

PetRock Overrun With Chickens

Apr 28, 2010
    SF Bay Area, CA
    Well, I finally decided to buy one and our Costco is out of them! Another lesson learned! When you see something good at Costco, buy it then or you'll be sorry later!

1 person likes this.
  4. chiqita

chiqita Overrun With Chickens

Aug 29, 2011
    San Jose, Ca
    Look for rabbit cages on craigslist! they are great for quail ans small bird quarantine.

5. ChickNmamma

ChickNmamma Chillin' With My Peeps

Just catching up here..
    YAY [​IMG]
    Your Sillies.. um I mean Silkies have you well trained. Mine have a "ladder/ramp" to climb to go to sleep - and they go in all by themselves if they want a nice warm silky pile to sleep in at night.

1 person likes this.
  6. chiqita

chiqita Overrun With Chickens

Aug 29, 2011
    San Jose, Ca
    Ok so today was a first! I have a TEN week old silkie rooster crowing! The only other roos from that batch that are making noise are the silver leghorns. (this reminds me I think both the jubilee orphs are pullets... I might need a roo if Mario lets me keep them!)

I was stunned. The first thought was w t f... then I thought, I should breed him! What if he passed the trait on and you could pull all the silkie roos at 10 weeks???? I call him purple haze . He is dark blue with a tinge of red in his hat, hes a cutie. huge comb, too.. hrm...

7. Meg2000000

Meg2000000 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 15, 2012
    Concord, CA
    Hi Everyone!!

It's been quite a while since I've had time to post. How is everyone? Gosh it's been so long since I've seen you guys. I am only working 4 hours a day now so I will have time to share again! I've missed BYC!

I have 19 EO eggs and 19 Pita Pinta eggs in my incubator. They went into lockdown today and we expect them to start hatching on Monday. I can't wait to see what comes out! As of 5 days ago, every single egg was fertile and growing. I hope User Error doesn't get in the way of them hatching. I will post pics soon!

I have an EO flock that are very close to the Spanish standard and want to start sharing them with all of you. After next week we will be selling hatching eggs. If anyone is interested please PM me. As for the Pita Pintas, we are still unsure if we're going to do started pullets or eggs yet. We'll decide that next week too. I can't wait to meet my little babies and share pictures! It's been way too long since we had baby chicks in this house!

I hope everyone is having a fabulous Saturday afternoon and I look forward to getting to know everyone (again)!

Megan

8. PetRock

PetRock Overrun With Chickens

Apr 28, 2010
    SF Bay Area, CA
    Megan!!!! It's so good to hear from you! I'm glad that things are going well with you and I look forward to seeing your chick pics!!! [​IMG]

9. debs_flock

debs_flock Overrun With Chickens

Sep 14, 2011
    Shingle Springs, CA

10. lawatt

lawatt Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 7, 2012
    sonoma county
    hurrah, so good to see you here again! if/when i end up with more broodies, i'd love some eggs of each/either -- although right now i'm going to have my hands full with chicks as it is!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by