California - Northern

Yes it is and I still have a lot o go :) hoping to have things more manageable in the next few months. I love my chickens very much but I can't even leave for a night. I'm ready for balance in my life :)
Seems like there is a potential market for enterprising chicken sitters! Could pay in cash, eggs, and/or birds. You are making steady progress downsizing your lovely flock. Keep it up. I hope you get away time in soon.

My 3 are not old enough to lay yet, simplifying leaving them for a few days. We are currently at Bodega Bay enjoying a long anniversary weekend in the fog. It is very relaxing. Bought fresh eggs $5/doz in Valley Ford. Bought fresh bread in Freestone. And gluten free baked goods in Bodega. Brought the first of our home grown heirloom tomatoes and fresh herbs along. Picked up fresh sausage from Lockeford to BBQ tomorrow when kids and granddaughter (almost 2) join us. This time next year should no longer need to buy fresh eggs, he he.

Oh my goodness! Just woke up at 6:30 to hear my 4 month old girls singing the egg song! I got so excited I jumped out of bed and ran to the coop, but no egg. They all switched from egg song to the "let us out of here, lady" song as I got to the coop. What gives? Are they just practicing? It was kind of adorable either way.

So in your experience do people have a little older chickens (6 months) that are ready to lay? Americaunas in particular? Sac isn't to far from me so I may check this out. Thank you for the information. Kathie from Vacaville.

Oh my goodness! Just woke up at 6:30 to hear my 4 month old girls singing the egg song! I got so excited I jumped out of bed and ran to the coop, but no egg. They all switched from egg song to the "let us out of here, lady" song as I got to the coop. What gives? Are they just practicing? It was kind of adorable either way.
Yes they are probably getting close.
So in your experience do people have a little older chickens (6 months) that are ready to lay? Americaunas in particular? Sac isn't to far from me so I may check this out. Thank you for the information. Kathie from Vacaville.
I have all ages. I am sorry though I do not understand the question. are you answering a previous post?

ok just read a post you did on Ameraucanas. are you looking for Breeders or just the eggs.
Candy ( Chickee ) in Grass Valley has some nice ones

Many people have olive eggers on here. and easter eggers too.
I am sure we can help you find what you need.

I have White Bresse Pullets that are ready to lay eggs soon. I live in Woodland.

My 3 are not old enough to lay yet, simplifying leaving them for a few days. We are currently at Bodega Bay enjoying a long anniversary weekend in the fog. It is very relaxing. Bought fresh eggs $5/doz in Valley Ford. Bought fresh bread in Freestone. And gluten free baked goods in Bodega. Brought the first of our home grown heirloom tomatoes and fresh herbs along. Picked up fresh sausage from Lockeford to BBQ tomorrow when kids and granddaughter (almost 2) join us. This time next year should no longer need to buy fresh eggs, he he.

Oh yum! Wildflour Bakery is our favorite! Their scones are sooooo good!

ok just read a post you did on Ameraucanas. are you looking for Breeders or just the eggs.
Candy ( Chickee ) in Grass Valley has some nice ones

Many people have olive eggers on here. and easter eggers too.
I am sure we can help you find what you need.
I do have some Olive eggers that have been laying for a couple of months.

I think it is called psyching you out, Sing the I am laying an egg song so she will run out here and let us out:)

Back
Top Bottom