California - Northern

From Facebook: Has anyone in Auburn lost a dog this morning? He has been hit by a car and is in need of medical attention asap. Jim StewartAfter searching for over 4 hours we were not successful in finding the owners. We decided it was in his best interest to take him to Loomis Basin Vet Clinic to get treatment. They seem great. [COLOR=FF0000]Please keep his photo going and we hope to find the owner.[/COLOR] We were told he would be sent to Placer County Animal Shelter in a week or so and treatment of his leg would depend on what animal control said to do.
Poor pup. I hope he heals and gets reunited with his family.:(

My Legbars lay a completely true (and huge) blue egg. There is no hint of green to them. In fact, I went to a breeder to pick up Isbar eggs and they showed me some Legbar eggs while I was there. I talked about those eggs all the way home in the car. Then I emailed for them to save them for me too and went back a couple of weeks later for them. They are truly an amazing egg to see. I sometimes throw one into the carton when I sell eating eggs, people are always thrilled with them. The color is lovely and you can barely close the carton around them.

Absolutely they had mixed in something. True Araucana do not lay anything but blue eggs.

Ancona are a dark chicken (usually black) with white speckles, full tail and lay white eggs
That sounds like a wonderful idea to have legbars! I'm making a list for next year. Thank you.

hi all. school started and I have less time to spend here but I have sexing questions. I think all 4 chicks that Beakface hatched in her first go around were boys. Here we have white chick 1 and red chick 1. Both are EEs The little red one pecked me and didn't let go when I picked them up to bring them in . They will be 7 weeks old thursday

Red chick 1

White chick one..

I tried to get a shot of thier neck feathers because I thought that would be helpful..but these guys may be too young to tell yet.

another of white chick 1

I will post the other two tonight.

Yay for your moms house. Maybe the defensible area that she maintains did the trick.

Anyone have any suggestions on how to get a chicken to take a syringe of medicine? I got one in to her yesterday after she hurt herself but last night she was a bit more uncooperative and I couldn't get any in to her.

hi all. school started and I have less time to spend here but I have sexing questions. I think all 4 chicks that Beakface hatched in her first go around were boys. Here we have white chick 1 and red chick 1. Both are EEs The little red one pecked me and didn't let go when I picked them up to bring them in . They will be 7 weeks old thursday Red chick 1 White chick one.. I tried to get a shot of thier neck feathers because I thought that would be helpful..but these guys may be too young to tell yet. another of white chick 1 I will post the other two tonight.
Both roosters :)

hi all. school started and I have less time to spend here but I have sexing questions. I think all 4 chicks that Beakface hatched in her first go around were boys. Here we have white chick 1 and red chick 1. Both are EEs The little red one pecked me and didn't let go when I picked them up to bring them in . They will be 7 weeks old thursday

Red chick 1

White chick one..

I tried to get a shot of thier neck feathers because I thought that would be helpful..but these guys may be too young to tell yet.

another of white chick 1

I will post the other two tonight.

Both roosters
smile.png

Thanks you are confirming what I suspected. My only hope really is white chick #2 because it seemed to have a less pronounced and less pink comb but looked again this am and really I think I am lying to myself because I really like the feathering on the white ones. Its comb looks pretty much like these two. Red chick #2 I have thought was a boy from the get go but I will post pics and maybe you will tell me I am nuts. I was never intending to keep more than 1 anyway but still it is so much easier to get rid of the girls.

They both look like boys, sorry.

I agree.

Yay for your moms house. Maybe the defensible area that she maintains did the trick.

Anyone have any suggestions on how to get a chicken to take a syringe of medicine? I got one in to her yesterday after she hurt herself but last night she was a bit more uncooperative and I couldn't get any in to her.

Pull on their wattles and their mouth will open. Squirt small amount of liquid in and let go of the wattles so they can swallow. This is how I dose them for worming with Valbazen.

Back
Top Bottom