California - Northern

not a chicken, but this little bird was brought indoors by one of the cats this morning and then got stuck in one of the skylights, too high to reach -- finally managed to get it tangled in some bird netting and back outside:

not a chicken, but this little bird was brought indoors by one of the cats this morning and then got stuck in one of the skylights, too high to reach -- finally managed to get it tangled in some bird netting and back outside:
Awwww....how cute! I love hummingbirds!

Have fun!

Daylight savings time starts tonight. More light in the morning but it will be dark before I get home.

Hello Ron,

Today, one of the HRIRs I got from you laid her first egg, and wanted you to see it. I was surprised as to it's deep dark colour, and large size. The two light colour eggs are from my LF adult hens. I took the photos in two different light settings to capture it's beauty; such a lovely gift!

Lual

Hello Ron,

Today, one of the HRIRs I got from you laid her first egg, and wanted you to see it. I was surprised as to it's deep dark colour, and large size. The two light colour eggs are from my LF adult hens. I took the photos in two different light settings to capture it's beauty; such a lovely gift!

Lual

Wow, that is a beautiful and dark egg! Amazing that's from a RIR! Ron's doing something right over there
smile.png

ok so maybe i'm the baby here then.. late 1975. I got the chicken "fever" when i was young. At my grandma's she taught me how to put baby chicks under a hen late at night. She said to make sure it's close to the 21 days. We would go to the feed store and pick out chicks every year. I loved those birds and STILL have the 8-9 rolls of pics i took of them with my parents camera as a kid. Oh, the trouble I got into when my parents developed the film and it was ALL chickens, lol! Got my first incubator when I was about 12. My parents promised whatever I hatched I could keep, not thinking it would work. But it did! Took some time away and got them again in my early 20's. I would call my grandma with all my chicken questions, and I miss her dearly. She said I was the only one who turned out like her and loved animals. That's my story :)

Hello Ron,

Lual

Thank you for sharing the pictures of the pullets and the egg!

I hope she keeps laying eggs that dark. My guess it that she will settle into a lighter brown once she settles into regular laying.

I am still waiting on mine to lay.

Back
Top Bottom