California - Northern

That sounds like my set up.  Double decker quail pen inside the chicken pen.  I have never had any issues wither.  I am thinking I m going to rehome my quail though.  My hubby refuses to eat quail and the quail eggs don't get used as much.  A friend of my daughter wants them so I think he will get them.  I may use the pen as  brooder in the future.

I think you are right...that's a mighty big comb for such a little thing.   I hope you are able to find him a good home.

Thanks for the warning!  I had been contemplating using them on my Silkies.  I won't d that now.  Good save!

Is it on the 530 thread?   I can;t get it to come up from the link
I clicked on the link and it sent me to my own notifications.

I clicked on the link and it sent me to my own notifications.
it said unavailable when I clucked it
1f633.png

You have to be a member if the groups on FB to see it.

Yes, they are closed by invitation--very restricted. The content on them is not available without the permission of the owners of the page. It is not like BYC where content is searchable via Google.

An example is wanting to build a notwaste bucket feeder. A BYC thread shows up quickly for building one. If it were on a restricted facebook page, It would not be found.

Gotta love BYC!

Hi my fellow Cali chickeneers! I had recently given away ALL my chickens, and coops and accessories, I mean EVERYTHING! Only because we had to move so the owner could move back into her home. I was sad to do so, and now that we are back in business so to speak, I have had a difficult time finding some starter hens, I don't want young ones, I'll take some older ones, that just aren't laying much that need a good home! I was able to find an abundance of free roosters, so I have a bunch of young ones and can get more, we will probably eat some of them and keep others for breeding later.

We would like to do dual purpose and ornamental birds. I have a pretty heafty Barred Rock rooster that was one of the freebies we got, he is so big, I don't know if we should eat him or keep him for breeding later? We also got an Egyptian roo and 2 Old English roos. We got some Ayamcimani (suppose to be all black) but are culls because of the color they ended up having in thier feathers, and are supposed to be roos but 2 of the 3 are smaller and have smaller combs, might be lucky in finding out they are females...... fingers crossed!

If anyone out there has a few good hens to retire, or just to donate to help a family get restarted, we would greatly appreciate any leads! We are in the San Luis Obispo area, but do not mind traveling a couple of hours if needed! Even if you just have old coops that are in need of repair.....

Thanks all! I have missed my chicken family so much, and my online chicken family. We do not have internet at our new ranch home because of where we are located, but we can get it later so Im not on Facebook right now. Email is easier for contacting me: [email protected]

Hi my fellow Cali chickeneers! I had recently given away ALL my chickens, and coops and accessories, I mean EVERYTHING! Only because we had to move so the owner could move back into her home. I was sad to do so, and now that we are back in business so to speak, I have had a difficult time finding some starter hens, I don't want young ones, I'll take some older ones, that just aren't laying much that need a good home! I was able to find an abundance of free roosters, so I have a bunch of young ones and can get more, we will probably eat some of them and keep others for breeding later.

We would like to do dual purpose and ornamental birds. I have a pretty heafty Barred Rock rooster that was one of the freebies we got, he is so big, I don't know if we should eat him or keep him for breeding later? We also got an Egyptian roo and 2 Old English roos. We got some Ayamcimani (suppose to be all black) but are culls because of the color they ended up having in thier feathers, and are supposed to be roos but 2 of the 3 are smaller and have smaller combs, might be lucky in finding out they are females...... fingers crossed!

If anyone out there has a few good hens to retire, or just to donate to help a family get restarted, we would greatly appreciate any leads! We are in the San Luis Obispo area, but do not mind traveling a couple of hours if needed! Even if you just have old coops that are in need of repair.....

Thanks all! I have missed my chicken family so much, and my online chicken family. We do not have internet at our new ranch home because of where we are located, but we can get it later so Im not on Facebook right now. Email is easier for contacting me: [email protected]

It is great to have you posting here!

I am in woodland which is a bit too far for sending hens.

I have a question about pendulated crop. I think I have a pita (one from Ron) with one. She seems pretty normal otherwise but her crop seems to hang a bit and is often full and spungy. Feels a bit funny when I pick her up. Since they havent had anything but starter feed to date Im pretty sure she doesnt have sour crop or impacted crop because she seems fine and healthy otherwise. Im not likely to breed her but just wondering about the condition should I be aware of problems she could have later when she starts free ranging and getting treats.

I have a question about pendulated crop. I think I have a pita (one from Ron) with one. She seems pretty normal otherwise but her crop seems to hang a bit and is often full and spungy. Feels a bit funny when I pick her up. Since they havent had anything but starter feed to date Im pretty sure she doesnt have sour crop or impacted crop because she seems fine and healthy otherwise. Im not likely to breed her but just wondering about the condition should I be aware of problems she could have later when she starts free ranging and getting treats.

She probably swallowed something that is stuck in the crop.

Chickens are silly that way.

Back
Top Bottom