California - Northern

This is my beautiful silkie hen that Anna_B so nicely picked p for me....for some reason she gets a kick out of pop music...especially Lady Gaga so we have dubbed her GAGA

170f90c9.jpg

8bd38c67.jpg

Quote:
She's adorable, I'd love to see her in a music video!
big_smile.png

Hey all! I've been kinda hanging out in the corner for a bit, being shy, but I thought I'd go ahead and introduce myself. My name's Jenn, I'm from Solano County, and I've been dreaming about having chickens for years now. We bought our first house last year, and this spring I will finally get to start my flock!

I am planning on placing an order for bantam Ameraucanas chicks from John Blehm at Chick Hatchery, and I wondered if anyone else would like to combine an order. I am about an hour from either Sac or SF, right about where 680 meets 80, and can arrange to meet somewhere mutually convenient.

Sorry if this isn't the best place for this, I just thought this would be a good way for me to make some chicken friends, as my real life friends think I've lost my mind.
tongue.png

Quote:
big_smile.png

Hey all! I've been kinda hanging out in the corner for a bit, being shy, but I thought I'd go ahead and introduce myself. My name's Jenn, I'm from Solano County, and I've been dreaming about having chickens for years now. We bought our first house last year, and this spring I will finally get to start my flock!

I am planning on placing an order for bantam Ameraucanas chicks from John Blehm at Chick Hatchery, and I wondered if anyone else would like to combine an order. I am about an hour from either Sac or SF, right about where 680 meets 80, and can arrange to meet somewhere mutually convenient.

Sorry if this isn't the best place for this, I just thought this would be a good way for me to make some chicken friends, as my real life friends think I've lost my mind.
tongue.png

Well, SuburbanFarmstress, let me be the first to say, "
welcome-byc.gif
"! Don't be shy!
I'm too far north to combine an order, but someone might be able to!

Quote:
Welcome!! I am already partaking in a multi-BYC order from John Blehm of LF Am's, but thanks for the offer! Jeremy on the Bay Area thread set an order up at the the first of the year, so I'll be getting silver, lavendar and wheaton AM chicks the end of March. Yippee! Looks like he has nice birds, so I imagine you are excited! I haven't raised any chicks in a brooder yet...both my cochins are non-stop broody girls, so they hatched my 8 week-old BCM's from eggs i bought, and the other cochin took on the Splash Marans hatch, and the 5 chicks are three weeks old tomorrow. Seems way easier to let a mama do it, and flock integration has been a breeze. Oh well, guess there is a new learning experience upcoming. (unless I get another broody gal...!) Best of luck finding folks to share the 25 chick minimum! I believe these come straight run, so plan for 12 girls, and you can sell the others...
Dawn

Quote:
big_smile.png

tongue.png

welcome-byc.gif

Hello Jenn, I live in Vallejo down the road from you. Welcome to the crazyness of BYC. My name is Norm. I started this keeping chickens in my backyard about 7 years ago and believe me, everyone in my family and friends thought i was ready for the funny farm, lol lol... But after they started getting the great tasting eggs and the produce from the garden, well they just think i'm odd right now.... there are many others in the County keeping chickens, i have met them in various places. Good Luck. the folks at BYC are here to help

Norm in N.CA
caf.gif

Quote:
They really are! I love their little beards.
love.gif

Quote:
I'm going to start collecting eggs again soon for the hatch coinciding with the Blehm order. My girls are still giving me eggs slowly, hopefully they pick up by the beginning of March!
fl.gif

Quote:
They really are! I love their little beards.
love.gif

Quote:
I'm going to start collecting eggs again soon for the hatch coinciding with the Blehm order. My girls are still giving me eggs slowly, hopefully they pick up by the beginning of March!
fl.gif

Jeremy, they are sooo stinkin cute!
big_smile.png
Waiting impatiently for March...
Dawn

Back
Top Bottom