California - Northern

We met Shawna and Ed (feathers4fun) in Hornbrook Ca last night on her way to the show (what a nice couple) and got our latest addition to the NJG flock.

He was asleep when I put him in the coop last night. This morning the house started to rumble and shake about 6am and he had obviously gotten up.
His crow is a very low tone and he so far enjoys hearing himself do it. When he got up I am sure he was surprised to find 5 4 month old pullets and 2 little
banties named Lenny and Squiggy sharing the coop with him. So far there have been no issues. The others give him his space (except the banties will stand
under him and eat but it doesn't seem to bother him any) and all is good. I did have to double the size of the pop door this morning.. The boy is a whopper!

Congrations on the new boy! Hope all continues to go smoothly with him and your flock.

After having only hatchery birds-breeder birds seem huge to me. That's the size they used to be but so used to seeing the production types anymore.

That pic cheered me up. I've been so sad after hearing the news, yesterday. What a horrible tragedy. My condolences to the family and all their friends.

It is amazing how one person can touch so many other people's lives. The loss of Karen and Amelia has filled me with an overwhelming sadness, too. Last week, one of my friends from high school passed away from a sudden heart attack and now this week we lost Karen and Amelia. It just underscores how short our life here on earth really is. My condolences to their family and friends.

It is amazing how one person can touch so many other people's lives.  The loss of Karen and Amelia has filled me with an overwhelming sadness, too.  Last week, one of my friends from high school passed away from a sudden heart attack and now this week we lost Karen and Amelia.  It just underscores how short our life here on earth really is.  My condolences to their family and friends.
Well said and so true.

Great point Kim!

The Anderago Farms website needs to be pulled down too, unless the family is going to continue running it.

It sounds like the Chickens are going to Cheryl's house so the site should be pulled down if so.

Nothing has been arranged yet as far as the birds are concerned. I (through sarah)made the offer to help take them and keep them at the ranch ( all my birds are being shipped so I have 11 empty pens there)

We are waiting to hear from the family if they would us to help.

Last edited:
Great point Kim!

The Anderago Farms website needs to be pulled down too, unless the family is going to continue running it.

It sounds like the Chickens are going to Cheryl's house so the site should be pulled down if so.

Nothing has been arranged yet as far as the birds are concerned. I (through sarah)made the offer to help take them and keep them at the ranch ( all my birds are being shipped so I have 11 empty pens there)

Let us know if they get back to you and there is anything we can do. So so sad. Just remembering how excited she was about me having those moss green eggs she was creating. When the hen does lay it will be even more meaningful.

I live between Jackson and Pine Grove, if there is anything I can do let me know.

We have been flying for PnP (Pilots and Paws) for several years and can move any animal that we can fit in the plane to long distance locations once the weather clears if the need arises. Please don't hesitate to have the family or yourselves contact us via PM and we can make arrangements.

We are also open to fostering and adopting. I love the free range laws up here.

I did a weigh in on my eggs today. :D

We found our first goose egg today!

In Grams:
114 Goose (small for a goose egg- much like a pullet egg)
80 Duck- Pekin (range between 78-92 grams for us)
56 Duck - Runner (range between 54-60 for us)
58 Easter Egger (range between 58-68), still a pullet but not laying as long as the Buff Orps
58 Buff Orpington, not yet a year old but laying several months now. This is a pretty average size for them for my girls.
40 Leghorn, new layer
38-42 Blue Laced Red Wyandotte

Pics of some of these eggs to follow when my phone finishes charging.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom