California - Northern

X2! They will be fine. They do not need to be out all day long. Some leave them in until later. With a Bobcat around, you might want to let them free range a couple of hours in the afternoon so that you can watch them.

I lived in Corning from1977 to 1992.

Thanks.. Gal up the road lost 60 chickens to a bobcat. He ate 1.. They used an injured chicken for bait and trapped it. Not sure
what they did with it.

Have a great evening!!

Len

is anyone selling a large Cabinet incubator?
Yellow Rose Ranch in Sacramento is needing one.
If so pm me and I can pass the info.

Nope, but I just ordered one........................
hide.gif
Now you won't hear me say I don't have any room. At least I hope I don't, yikes!

Quote:
I always use a carton....................chick soccer with the unhatched eggs!

I've used cartons both times I've hatched. I'm going to try angeling them like Ron does next time. Just to see if they have an easier time getting out of the shells. I've stood them straight up before and they do get out, just want to see if it is easier for them.

Welcome thedollysmama.

Haven't been to Oroville in a long time, former Chico resident.

If I sent DH to pick up 111 chicks he wouldn't come back with them, or maybe he would just drop on the spot. That's why I'm so surprised he likes these wyandottes.

Quote: Here's our two. Hard to get them to hold still. I had to take a bunch of shots just to get a few decent ones.

This was a few days after we got them. The seller wasn't exactly sure of the age, but he thought 2 weeks.
Donut

Coffee

These were taken today, about a week later, so possibly 3 weeks old or so?
Donut is much larger than Coffee.

Thinking Donut is a little roo. He likes to spar!

We are impressed with how calm and friendly these guys are. My son was holding Donut a couple of feet from the cage and Coffee flew over and landed on his arm.

Quote: Here's our two. Hard to get them to hold still. I had to take a bunch of shots just to get a few decent ones.

This was a few days after we got them. The seller wasn't exactly sure of the age, but he thought 2 weeks.
Donut

Coffee

We are impressed with how calm and friendly these guys are. My son was holding Donut a couple of feet from the cage and Coffee flew over and landed on his arm.
love.gif

They are amazing little guys!

Here's our two. Hard to get them to hold still. I had to take a bunch of shots just to get a few decent ones.

Donut

Coffee

They are just too cute! Love the names.

Yay, a Northern CA thread! First time posting on this thread, so hi everyone! We live right at the "elbow" of Nor. CA; anyone know where Camino is? Just east of Placerville? We technically live in Camino, but we are eight miles down a dirt road so I don't technically consider us to be in Camino... I have been calling our "area" Cougar Ridge...

We only moved down to Camino/"Cougar Ridge" last fall... soooo glad to be out of Pollock Pines (a few more miles east-ish)... all the neighbors except one constantly complained about our chickens (and guinea fowl, I don't blame them for that), even after we offered them fresh eggs...
barnie.gif
I actually am not sure it was legal for us to have chickens, we were probably very lucky no one called the police...
hmm.png

Hi, all!
Just a quick howdy from Oroville! My birthday chicks just arrived, a gift from my mom who started me with chickens 44 years ago (yikes! I'm old!). Good thing hubby didn't pick the boogers up at the post office, he would have counted 111 and killed me. The amazingly ironic thing is that I set 113 eggs in the brooder, lost two, and now have 111 eggs to hatch out. That makes too many chickens!
I'm so happy!

thedollysmama
Going to hold the flufkins
Oroville

Can I say that I love your handle? Too funny!

Welcome! I went to Chico State and used to work for the Feather River Ranger District in Oroville One of my favorite North State taquerias is in Oroville, too. (Yes, I know that was totally random.)

:D

Back
Top Bottom