California - Northern

I had the pleasure of meeting Karen (sewandgrow) this morning. It was so nice to put a face to the name. Thank you Karen for patiently answering my questions and adding to my chicken education.

I picked up a Brown Leghorn pullet to add some white to my egg basket. She's beautiful...

She will be in quarantine for 2 weeks. Her future flockmates are checking her out. They are all about 2 1/2 months old.
Congrats on the new girl! She is beautiful!

Hi guys! I had asked this question a few weeks ago but didn't see the answer as it was right around the time I was moving, so I just forgot to check.
I'm looking to buy the following breeds as young chicks or pullets. Preferably as day-old chicks but I can't be too picky.
Anything that lays a VERY dark egg
Anything that lays a colored(preferrably pink or blue) egg
Blue Laced Red Wyandotte 

Looking for all girls but I can buy straight run if that's my only option. The BLRW is the most important to me as I've been wanting one for a long time.
Does anyone in or near the Redding or Sacramento areas sell these, or am I going to need to order from a hatchery?

You can get all of those form @Papa Brooder

http://www.papaspoultry.com/breeds.html

Thanks Ron! Yes I can help you out with those. I am backed up on Marans (blue and black coppers), I do have some black Marans and some black coppers from my lavender Marans projects so they may be split to lavender. In any case, shoot me a message and we can see what I have available now and coming soon. :)

Thanks Ron! Yes I can help you out with those. I am backed up on Marans (blue and black coppers), I do have some black Marans and some black coppers from my lavender Marans projects so they may be split to lavender. In any case, shoot me a message and we can see what I have available now and coming soon.
smile.png
You are very Welcome Jeff!

It is good to here from you too.

My Brinsea arrived!!!!! Woo Hoo!!!!!
yippiechickie.gif

I have got it set up and stabilizing. It is sooo much mor "sophisticated" that the old foam ones. This one says it has the new "Cooling feature". Does anyone know much about this? Is this something I should use?

My Brinsea arrived!!!!! Woo Hoo!!!!!
yippiechickie.gif

I have got it set up and stabilizing. It is sooo much mor "sophisticated" that the old foam ones. This one says it has the new "Cooling feature". Does anyone know much about this? Is this something I should use?
For hard to hatch breeds and shipped eggs I would use it. You turn it on in the middle of incubation and turn it off for the last three days of hatching(lock down).

It increases hatch rates a bit.

Back
Top Bottom