California - Northern

Does anyone know where to buy older (sexed) chicks or pullets/hens in Humboldt county?
Or nearby, actually.
Anywhere within three hours of Eureka, but the closer the better.
We don't want to deal with really tiny chicks, due to an extremely predatory house cat, but driving six hours or paying for adult hen shipping is also rather unappealing....

Does anyone know where to buy older (sexed) chicks or pullets/hens in Humboldt county?
Or nearby, actually.
Anywhere within three hours of Eureka, but the closer the better.
We don't want to deal with really tiny chicks, due to an extremely predatory house cat, but driving six hours or paying for adult hen shipping is also rather unappealing....

Hi!

It is great to hear from you!

Do you ever get to Redding?

I've actually never been to Redding. I mean, it's not that far away. A couple hours, but I could go there if I have to.
....Although I've heard that 299 isn't exactly lovely to drive on.
But as of right now, nah. Don't really get to Redding.

This is the s stuff!
This is the long version of the s stuff.
NO MORE SPELLING OF THE S STUFF!!
(In another lifetime when I organized raids for a world of Warcraft guild of many hundreds of people every single one of them used to tease me about my spelling. They called it jaffanese after my character. Speaking jaffanese was like being in the club, ha!)
hugs.gif

We have gotten Orpingtons tons from them before and they are just wonderful!
I'm getting so exited for mine. I have Lemon Cuckoo, and Lavender Orpingtons, that are due to hatch next Thursday. *Okay, I have 2 that are a month old not, but I'm almost positive they are both boys* Anyone looking for some black (split to chocolate) roo-babies?

Thank you everyone! So, 1 tsp S powder per gal of water for treatment?
One other question, I have pulled the sick looking chick into a brooder in the house. (She was happy to sit with me and watch The Voice last night but she is rather lonely today.) Do you think that I should treat the rest of the group that she was with or just watch them and only treat if I see symptoms?

Back
Top Bottom