California - Northern

I'm going for serama just in case I get sucked into chicken math then at least they're small enough to keep in my place
lol.png
Don't worry, you can always take extras to the auction in Roseville.

Do you have Seramas now?

I live up in the Mayacama Mountains, have grapes and a farm... it's 52 hard miles from SFO, called the North Bay... I call it Northern Ca. it's really a Napa zip code, I love it, so do my Ladies.
Farmladies.......

I live up in the Mayacama Mountains, have grapes and a farm... it's 52 hard miles from SFO, called the North Bay... I call it Northern Ca. it's really a Napa zip code, I love it, so do my Ladies.
Farmladies.......
Welcome!

It is great to have you posting here.

Farmladies.......

Alright
welcome-byc.gif
great to have you joining the BYC flock
frow.gif

There is plenty of information in the Learning Center
caf.gif
for the Beginner and the poultry veteran ....

Going crazy waiting for the rest of my pullets to begin laying. I currently am getting 2 eggs a day, but my family goes through them quickly. I currently have 4 pullets 23 weeks old (I think only 2 are laying), 4 pullets 21 weeks old, and 8 pullets 14 weeks old (they are still young). I figure if I can get 4 pullet eggs a day that would keep my family happy.

Last edited:
It is definitely time to clear some birds out. The Barred Rock, Rhode Island Red, & Easter Egger will go to my gardener tomorrow. I managed to catch those three before they woke everyone up and all the adults came out of the coop to see *** was going on. That leaves the 3 Wyandotte chicks (2 of which are spoken for), and Peep, the world's dumbest chick.

Think it's time to try the big integration. I have 4 2-3 year old layers 2barred rock two black sex linked that I need to integrate with my 12 young pullets. (They are 15 weeks) some are huge while other not so big. They have been able to see each other through the fence now for months. I guess I will just take down the fence and see what happens. Any suggestions?

Well I think I just my answer. One of my Egyptians flew into the pen with the four older chickens. They were pecking her like crazy. Lucky I saw it and caught her to put her out.

Back
Top Bottom