California - Northern

Well I think I just my answer. One of my Egyptians flew into the pen with the four older chickens. They were pecking her like crazy. Lucky I saw it and caught her to put her out.
Wait until tonight after dark and put the new ones on the roost next to the old ones. Keep an eye on them in the morning and remove them if they start getting hurt.

It is normal for some pecking order stuff but bad if they draw blood.

If it is one of the older girls causing problems, move her out to a cage for a couple of days and then put her back in.

Last edited:
I'm going for serama just in case I get sucked into chicken math then at least they're small enough to keep in my place
lol.png
OMG Seremas are even more addicting than regular chookies !!!

lau.gif

Be careful !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scovy Momma

I'm going for serama just in case I get sucked into chicken math then at least they're small enough to keep in my place
lol.png

OMG Seremas are even more addicting than regular chookies !!!

lau.gif

Be careful !!
I was going to say that too!
goodpost.gif

highfive.gif

Hi folks!! Does anyone else here keep purebred (not crosses) Faverolles? And if yes, where are you? I’m in San Francisco, and would love to know if there are fellow fav lovers anywhere nearby!

Think it's time to try the big integration. I have 4 2-3 year old layers 2barred rock two black sex linked that I need to integrate with my 12 young pullets. (They are 15 weeks) some are huge while other not so big. They have been able to see each other through the fence now for months. I guess I will just take down the fence and see what happens. Any suggestions?

I agree with Ron. Put them together at night. They have been interacting through the fence already so it should only be some minor pecking order arranging.

It has officially hit ungodly hot here. 98° per my car. Ran out & bought the chickens a mister. They are terrified of it. *sigh* They'd rather pant under the buterfly bush.

DEATH BY MISTER!!
Why would you do this to them????

I'm not home but I'm making Mario give all the broodies cool fruit to sit on.

Back
Top Bottom