California - Northern

okay, I'm going to try that...thank you...

I don't see an option for new thread...I only see page, unsubscribe 0 unread posts and re oh, yeah search this site...sorry
1f615.png

Scroll to the very bottom of the page (once you've gotten to the forum you want to add a thread to) and you should see a box that says Mobile Desktop. Click on desktop. Then there will be a blue button at the top that says something like "Start a new thread" :)

And thank you for finding the mobile "Subscribe" button for me--now I don't have to switch to desktop on my phone and have a teeny font!

Scroll to the very bottom of the page (once you've gotten to the forum you want to add a thread to) and you should see a box that says Mobile Desktop. Click on desktop. Then there will be a blue button at the top that says something like "Start a new thread" :)

And thank you for finding the mobile "Subscribe" button for me--now I don't have to switch to desktop on my phone and have a teeny font!

lol, this is the only way I can have BYC because I don't have a computer....
1f609.png

BUT I did get an option of start a new thread...

I am glad that you found it!

You were not in the correct place while in the mobile version. You need to be in the forum section at the top of thread. If you see subscribe, you need to go up one.

You can start a thread while using the mobile version.

does anyone know what the prevalence of Gape Worms is in Northern CA? On the 530 Facey booky thing lately, every time someone says their chicken is open-mouthed breathing, everyone immediately says "gape worm" I had heard somewhere that gape worm is uncommon in Northern CA (don't remember where I heard it). Just wondering if this has changed or if it has just become the "illness of the month".

In the summer, an open mouth usually goes along with them trying to stay cool.

No gapeworm here. I believe it is fairly rare in chickens. I have had one, verified by UCD Necropsy, that had a fungal infection.

Last edited:
Speaking of extra roos, I have a few. Anyone interested in them?
I may have pullets to pair with them, not sure yet.

- a blue wheaten ameraucana

- a wheaten ameraucana

- Olive Egger (Gold Copper Marans x Wheaten Ameraucana)

- at least 3 mottled orpingtons

- 2 buffxcolumbian orpingtons

- 4 or so blue or black frizzled ameraucanas

- 1 Pita Pinta
This pic is from July. He bigger & more filled out now.

Hi Lisa, I hope you don'y mind me jumping in here, but I thought I would clarify for people who may be interested in your roosters from my eggs that the rooster in the second picture is not a wheaten, but looks to be a cross from my buff Ameraucana hen x blue wheaten Ameraucana rooster. Also, the OE rooster is a cross of golden "cuckoo" Marans x wheaten Ameraucana.
smile.png
They are all beautiful roosters and I hope they find good homes.

Back
Top Bottom