California - Northern

I will definitely look through it. I am really scared to drive over there so the first thing I am going to do is take driving lessons! I have lived in California my whole life so it will be a big adventure for me.
I actually have a post up there about driving in Ireland. It's…. interesting… Feel free to message me if you have any questions about living here and stuff like that. I moved here nearly 3 years ago from South Africa and it's been quite an adventure, but an awesome one. This county is AMAZING.

Hi! I'm in Northern California, not far outside of Sacramento. Question for you all. It gets super hot here in the summer - like weeks of 105-115. Am I crazy or cruel if I get a Buff Orpington rather than breed that tolerates heat better? Anyone else in the area have healthy and happy Buff Orps despite the insane heat?
Lyndsey,
My nieghbor has a pair of buff orpingtons in Shasta county. They have done just fine the last couple of years. They have lots of trees and bushes for shade and plenty of water

Awesome, I am just hatching them. Do you want chicks, hens or pullet?

I would love one

---------------
Does anybody here have a pure breed buff (or white) orp rooster, pb barred plymouth rock rooster, pb australorp rooster, pb cuckoo maran rooster?
I have a barred rock Cockerel and a buff orpington Cockerel 10 wks old. My nieghbor has an australorp cockerel same age as mine

Hi all cali peeps! I'm from Shasta county. Lived here since 1976. Before that we lived in Stockton.
I'm new to the chicken life but loving every minute of it!
We have 2 RSL pullets, 2 barred rock pullets/plus a cockeral, 3 buff orpington pullets, 2 americauna pullets, 2 GSL, 2 Fayoumi pullets/plus a cockeral, and 1 French Black marans

Hi all cali peeps! I'm from Shasta county. Lived here since 1976. Before that we lived in Stockton.
We have 2 RSL pullets, 2 barred rock pullets/plus a cockeral, 3 buff orpington pullets, 2 americauna pullets, 2 GSL, 2 Fayoumi pullets/plus a cockeral, and 1 French Black marans
Welcome Wagon.gif

I have used neem oil before. I painted my roost bars with part neem part coconut oil for prevention and apply one drop near their oil gland on their back for prevention. I also had a small mite issue a while back. Permitherin powder and neem oil fixed it up fast.
I am starting to like neem quite a bit

:frow Welcome!

Back
Top Bottom