California-Southern

Hi CarriBrown,
Yeah I hear Andersons has good soup. Not many locals actually go there, and I am not big on Pea anything. On the chicken side I am going to assemble my Banty coop this weekend. Can't wait to have them running around my yard. I've never had chickens. I need to order my chicks soon too.

Andersons... never been there, but I use to see the ads on I-5 every time we went to visit my sister and her family down South.

Are those the ads with the big guy splitting the pea with a hammer and the little guy holding the wedge?

lol.png

Yep those are the ads. And the funny thing is there will be a billboard that says "Andersons- 200 miles!"
How many people would drive that far for soup? Not me!

I live in Cambria, which is in San Luis Obispo county, just south of Hearst Castle. I posted in the "Chicks" department, but I'll mention it one more time to the California chickeners...

I seem to have 8 extra chicks, 3 weeks of age. 4 Auracanas, 2Buff Orps, and 2 Black Australorps. I am willing to drive an hour or two to meet anyone who would like to adopt.

Hey Carri!
I have been swamped and haven't had a chance to check the board. Yes let me know when you get together, if my kids schedule permits:) I would love to join you.
I have been gardening a bunch, love to feed my chickens fresh fruit and veges!
Lisa

Hi Urbanhomesteader,
where are you in YL. Have you bought any birds yet? I noticed there was a sign up at YL Feed for baby chicks, the prices were a bit high, but you wouldn't have to drive. just thought I would let you know and welcome! I love to see soCal represented here. Those crazy reality shows give us a such a bad name.. and we are just regular chicken loving people....
smile.png

Hi to you too Bokbok,
I was just up your way up in Ojai, and ventured to Santa Barbara to wine taste. I would have loved to take a look at your chicks. I'm not sure what Black australops look like, I need to look those up, not sure if you still have any left.
Lisa

And just to add to the whole Anderson's theme:
I don't like pea soup either but everytime I'm out that way I have to stop....it's a California institution! Of course I have to stop at all wineries too.... Remember the days when people laughed about California wines! I can't believe that whole Paso Robles area, WOW!

PS: I have two grape vines that line my vege garden very close to my chicken pens and have been moving some of the clean up debris to the garden area for mulch and presto! everything is growing like crazy and I do attribute a fair share to the heat wave we just had, although it's raining again, but I tried some around my apple trees and newly planted persimmon, same deal!
Lisa

Back
Top Bottom