California-Southern

Vets are always best as long as you can. And Just so you know Albon is used to treat Coccidia a protozoan parasite that lives in the intestinal tract

Rick, I am still sticking to my guns with the Poly_vi_sol...EVEN if we feed correctly and do everything right, it still can happen that one chick might need alittle help..
smile.png
x2

The first sight of any stress in my chickens and i break out the vitamins and minerals for their water.

Rick, I am still sticking to my guns with the Poly_vi_sol...EVEN if we feed correctly and do everything right, it still can happen that one chick might need alittle help..
smile.png
I'm picking some up today. Day 3 of the sulfa treatment... seems to be a little worse. How do you give it and what dose?

Last edited:
sad.png
POLY-VI-SOL NO IRON dosage: 1 drop 3-4 times a day for at least a week....
fl.gif

According to my vet the human meds have to be scaled way down or damage can occur in the chicken's internal organs liver, pancreas, digestive tract, etc. It's ok to use the Poly-Vi-Sol no iron as I give 1-2 drops a couple times a week for each of my hens. 1 drop 3-4x/day for a chick is a bit too much. Just sharing my vet's input.

According to my vet the human meds have to be scaled way down or damage can occur in the chicken's internal organs liver, pancreas, digestive tract, etc. It's ok to use the Poly-Vi-Sol no iron as I give 1-2 drops a couple times a week for each of my hens. 1 drop 3-4x/day for a chick is a bit too much. Just sharing my vet's input.
As a routine your dose is ideal but as a treatment, the high dose should be ok in the short term.

According to my vet the human meds have to be scaled way down or damage can occur in the chicken's internal organs liver, pancreas, digestive tract, etc. It's ok to use the Poly-Vi-Sol no iron as I give 1-2 drops a couple times a week for each of my hens. 1 drop 3-4x/day for a chick is a bit too much.  Just sharing my vet's input.

WELL, I am going to the avian vet this afternoon, I will ask he. To my knowledge chickens do NOT need this on a regular basis, it is just for symptoms of vitamin deficency..... and for a short period of time.. :)

Back
Top Bottom