California-Southern

HI everybody!

Hesperia Calif. here. Our coop is finally done. Hoping to find a friendly breeder in the high desert. Glad to be here!
1f603.png

Hi back!
Hope to see some chicken pics when you start filling up your coop =)

Hey there! Just a Northerner here but I'm making the trip to LA tonight. Spending the night down there and heading back in the morning. Anyone down that way (anywhere between LA and Sacramento that ain't too far from the main route) got Cochins or Silkies? Looking for both cockerels and pullets, mainly LF Buff, LF Barred, and LF Red Cochins, and Buff, Red/Red Patridge, and Cuckoo Silkies, but I'll take a look at any blacks ya got if they have decent type. Heck, I've got a penchant for getting birds I don't strictly need, so if you've got anything even half-interesting, drop me a PM sometime between now and tomorrow. Psst... I'm a sucker for gamefowl (both oriental and pheasant type) and anything with a big long tail... and of course cute lil fluffepuffs like Booted Bantams and D'Uccles! Oh, and other species like pigeons or quail are great too, just nothing to big - I'd have a hard time trucking a goose or turkey back in the Prius!

Last edited:
My neighbor has a friend looking to rehome a trio of buff brahmas- super mellow, around 10 months old... We are in Thousand Oaks. There is also a guy down our street who has silkies

Last edited:
Hey there! Just a Northerner here but I'm making the trip to LA tonight. Spending the night down there and heading back in the morning. Anyone down that way (anywhere between LA and Sacramento that ain't too far from the main route) got Cochins or Silkies? Looking for both cockerels and pullets, mainly LF Buff, LF Barred, and LF Red Cochins, and Buff, Red/Red Patridge, and Cuckoo Silkies, but I'll take a look at any blacks ya got if they have decent type. Heck, I've got a penchant for getting birds I don't strictly need, so if you've got anything even half-interesting, drop me a PM sometime between now and tomorrow. Psst... I'm a sucker for gamefowl (both oriental and pheasant type) and anything with a big long tail... and of course cute lil fluffepuffs like Booted Bantams and D'Uccles! Oh, and other species like pigeons or quail are great too, just nothing to big - I'd have a hard time trucking a goose or turkey back in the Prius!

Hope you have a nice trip and some luck finding what you are looking for! Please check in anytime, it's nice to hear from our northern neighbors.

My neighbor has a friend looking to rehome a trio of buff brahmas- super mellow, around 10 months old... We are in Thousand Oaks. There is also a guy down our street who has silkies

Buff Brahmas are a really nice breed. Sorry to say I can't take anymore. They are a trio, as in a cockerel and two pullets?

Happy Thanksgiving!

I am a californiano no north or south in volved just california

Well said as far as our great California people go! -- but there are definitely specific differences in our north and south and even central regions that have peculiar issues that face them insofar as flock raising goes. Chickens are chickens and we all have those challenges in common. However, each region has challenges peculiar to them such as climate and weather, geological differences, disease or regional insect issues, different predator types to confront, etc. I'm in SoCal but like to read the NoCal thread insofar as chicken breeding/care goes and just gloss over those NoCal regional issues that don't apply to my SoCal region. NoCal has more spacious territory conducive to chickeneering than the majority of compact city living in SoCal territory.

Back
Top Bottom