California-Southern

Very beautiful. Where did you come across a lavender EE? I've never seen one!

Thank you! It was actually an accident. The breeder I bought her from had been trying to breed for lavender in her Easter Eggers and didn't know she had actually succeeded. She sold her to me as a lavender Orpington, but Stormy ended up growing a beard and earmuffs and her body is exactly an Easter Egger
1f604.png
I asked the breeder about it, and she confirmed that she was a lavender EE. I got her from Sunnyside Up Ranch in Norco.

FarmerJohn, are you not worried about daytime attacks? I noticed that your run area is open on top.
No I'm not worried about the hawk and yes there are 2 in the area aside from having an open coop the table/feeding station, and a covered corner the position of the fence, roof, coop, and patio awning make swooping in nearly impossible

Hey if anybody has or knows were to get a Barred Rock Roo locally let me know please I don't want to have to purchase 14 more chicks from McMurray just for the chance to get 1 Roo

Last edited:
Hey if anybody has or knows were to get a Barred Rock Roo locally let me know please I don't want to have to purchase 14 more chicks from McMurray just for the chance to get 1 Roo

Check craigslist and your local animal shelter. They have a bunch of roos in San Diego shelters right now because there was a bust of a fighting ring recently. They aren't fighting roos, they're standard breeds and adoptable.

Check craigslist and your local animal shelter. They have a bunch of roos in San Diego shelters right now because there was a bust of a fighting ring recently. They aren't fighting roos, they're standard breeds and adoptable.

San Diego is too far away, and the shelters out here don't keep chickens, I do search Craig'slist but I havnt found a pure breed one always mixed

Wes's Pets and Feed in El Monte has a back room with cages of full-grown roos that owners want to sell because the roos are too nice sometimes to cull - many different breeds - I've seen Cochins, Leghorns, EEs, etc. Call him to see if he's got any in-store now. A private Silkie breeder displayed his dozen birds in one of Wes's store pens which is how we selected a sexed juvenile Silkie pullet and not a chick. Of course, Wes has chicks and hatching eggs, too.

Back
Top Bottom