California-Southern

San Diego is too far away, and the shelters out here don't keep chickens, I do search Craig'slist but I havnt found a pure breed one always mixed

Riverside and or Norco shelters sometimes have chickens for adoption but not everything they have in the shelter shows up on the shelter's website so going in person is the only way to check what they have - and no way to always know if they are mixed breeds or not. A BR is usually easy to ID though.

Hi there, I'm a brand-new chicken owner and have two barred rock chicks, two weeks old. I feel sure that one is a little roo. I bought him from Linda Feed in Norco. I'm not 100% positive but it's looking pretty obvious. I can keep you posted if you'd like? I live in Ontario.

Last edited:
Hi! I'm new to BYC! I'm in Loma Linda, CA and we have 4 chickens- a buff Orpington, a blue Orpington, a lavender Easter Egger, and another Easter Egger. We've had them for 2 and a half months, except the blue Orpington we've only had for about three weeks.
[/URL]
Hi, thanks for posting cute chicken pictures, and what a good dog!

I have a lavender Ameraucana roo, and he is very fluffy. It is my understanding that the color was introduced to the breed from Orpingtons.

Last edited:
Hi there, I'm a brand-new chicken owner and have two barred rock chicks, two weeks old. I feel sure that one is a little roo. I bought him from Linda Feed in Norco. I'm not 100% positive but it's looking pretty obvious. I can keep you posted if you'd like? I live in Ontario.

Defiantly thank you

I'm not sure which thread would be the appropriate one for trying to reach folks around Cutler, CA so I may have to post in both. Anywho my family asked me to help them locate about 4 laying or POL hens nearby that they could pick up locally. Not terribly worried about breed, even barnyard mixes would be fine. They just want to raise chickens for their own fresh eggs. They don't have Internet out on the ranch, that's why I'm helping them all the way from NC ;)Thank you everyone!

This would be in the Tulare County area... Thanks again!

Last edited:
I'm not sure which thread would be the appropriate one for trying to reach folks around Cutler, CA so I may have to post in both. Anywho my family asked me to help them locate about 4 laying or POL hens nearby that they could pick up locally. Not terribly worried about breed, even barnyard mixes would be fine. They just want to raise chickens for their own fresh eggs. They don't have Internet out on the ranch, that's why I'm helping them all the way from NC ;)Thank you everyone!

That is Tulare County right. Above Kern county and below Fresno County.

This might help widen the search.

Good luck

Hi, thanks for posting cute chicken pictures,  and what a good dog!

I have a lavender Ameraucana roo, and he is very fluffy.  It is my understanding that the color was introduced to the breed from Orpingtons.

Maybe we'll have to get our lavenders together sometime
1f609.png
That's my understanding too, that it came from the Orpingtons.

Back
Top Bottom