California-Southern

Sylvestre017 very much enjoyed your sharing. More than many. I get you. I like the dog houses too. I have a big pink playhouse for my girls in their play yard.

Dont know how far it is fro you but it either wes feed or petes feed in el monte youd have to google it. They take roos as donatioms and give you a bag of feed for them. Then rehome them. They make sure they wont be eaten or fought. We jave taken a few to them ove the years.

FYI - the feed store that takes cockerels/roos is Wes's Pets and Feed in El Monte. 4 years ago I called him in March 2012 to ask if he had older Silkies to sell and he said he had a private breeder bringing in some Silkie juveniles (older ones so that we could tell if they were males/females).

And this is the sweetie we got there:
SILKIE PULLET

LATER WE GOT THIS DOMINIQUE CHICK FROM WES'S PETS AND FEED

Is there anyone in the Los Angeles area who wants one or more of my cockerels from onceinabluemoonfarmstead for free? I have two splash from the wheaten/bluewheaten/splash Ameraucanas and possibly one white Amerauacana. I'm in the San Fernando Valley.

My 1st EGGS!!!

My chicks are 18-20 weeks and we went out of town from early Friday morn to late Sat night.
When we got home last night there were 2 EGGS!!!
And I just checked and there is a 3rd today!

I think it was my 20 week BA that laid them all but we will see! They are tiny, but nicely shelled.
Bless her heart for braving the coop to lay in this heat!

[/quote]

Last edited:
y
My 1st EGGS!!!

My chicks are 18-20 weeks and we went out of town from early Friday morn to late Sat night.
When we got home last night there were 2 EGGS!!!
And I just checked and there is a 3rd today!

I think it was my 20 week BA that laid them all but we will see! They are tiny, but nicely shelled.
Bless her heart for braving the coop to lay in this heat!

[/QUOTE]
Super fun to get your first eggs! I love our BAs!

Ugh! Remember when Summer had A Hot Week and then the rest of the time you could be outside without crisping? I'm over this weather!

Ok, gripe over :)

I did go off the chicken deep end though. Two marans pullets are chillin' in quarantine in my laundry room!

They somehow got POOP ON THE WALLS.

overachievers.

Last edited:
Hi all! I thought I'd introduce myself since I'm rather new to BYC and chicken keeping in general and I'm in San Diego! It's nice to see so many of my "neighbors" on here!

These are my 3 girls. I got them a couple of weeks ago and am head over heels! I have instantly become a card-carrying member of the crazy chicken lady club! :-D

Back
Top Bottom