Call Duck Quality Questions

baseballkid

In the Brooder
8 Years
May 2, 2011
I have several call ducks whose quality I would like to confirm. I know it is just pictures but if you could tell me what you think based on the pictures that would help a lot.

First, I have my white call females who should be show quality

Next, my blue fawn girls and pastel male. I think the male is show quality, and one of the females should be.

My snowy pair, the female is show quality, not sure about the male.

My chocolate pair, unsure

Some younger hatches, the blue fawn males from last fall, some white males and a pastel female that are about 12 weeks. Not sure if it is too early to tell for them?

And last, my 12 week old white male

It may be too early to tell for some of them. Let me know what you guys think, thanks!

Last edited:
They look pretty good from what I can see. I don't breed or raise Call Ducks myself, but know something about them. Your white females are show quality, but there are some things that I'd change on them. I'd make the neck shorter and thicker, and the bill a little shorter. I'd also like the head to be a little blockier. So, yes, you could show them, but they're not perfect (well, no bird is).

I'm not an expert on the Blue Fawn color, so I don't know how good the color pattern is. Your male could do with a slightly larger, thicker neck and head. Your females are, in my opinion, not as nice as the male.They have some of the same problems as the male, but they also need slightly shorter bills. Pretty birds, even if they're not perfect!

Your snowies look pretty good, though I'd like more black on the female. The male could use a blockier neck and head . I don't know anything about Chocolate Calls, so I can't tell you much about those.

I don't have any comments on the Blue Fawn young males, as I don't know a lot about that variety, and the picture isn't the greatest. Your young white males need to be a little "plumper" and blockier, but they will likely fill out more as they get older, so its a little too soon to be too critical. I like your Pastel female's head and body shape, though I can't see her full shape as she's not standing. Her beak could be a little shorter.

Overall, I'd say you have a nice flock of birds. Just a few imperfections, but your's exhibit pretty good Call duck characteristics.

Thanks! I hope the white males fill out when they get older, they came from good parents

Back
Top Bottom