Calling all scovie owners! Are these scovies?

Quote:
woot.gif

My hubby was amazed at there nails.

Now I am just hoping for a male and female.
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif

Yep! 2 little Muscovy babies! You should be able to tell genders by 4weeks old. boys usually have HUGE feet by then and the girls will feather in faster.

They do have pretty massive, sharp nails. this years babies(mine) are like little ragdolls though so i don't have to worry about them much, lol.

Last edited:
Quote:
I am hoping that since we handle the ducklings everyday these can turn into ragdolls.
tongue.png

This lady had a drake and he would just walk up to you and nibble your shoes until you pet him. He was like a little dog. Is that typical for scovies? Are they more personal then other domestic breeds like my swedes?

Muscovies, if handled well, are by far the sweetest, friendliest ducks you could have. Raising them from babies is the best way. I have only found a few adult birds that were fairly friendly and not handled as babies, so some of it has to do with the parents personalitites(I think anyway).

I promise you'll love them, especially since you're raising them.
smile.png

I am excited! I have to admit that I really didn't like the look of there face but I think it has grown on me and the fact that she isn't going to quack louder then a rooster.

Does anyone have any audio of male/female/baby scovies or know of a website that has it? My hubby wants to hear what they sound like.

My experience with scovies has been awesome. I first got scovies as a gift for my daughter from a friend. as ducklings we had no idea what they were (we thought they were mutts) - but turned out they were pure scovies a chocolate barred, 2 solid chocolates, and a near solid black. They were exceptionally friendly and I sorely hated that I let them get killed by my at the time neighbor's dog.
sad.png
but I have another scovy (was a pair - drake has gone and disappeared - but I think he's up the road servicing some other females while his woman is sitting on eggs) and i got her as a 10 month old having been raised for 4 months in a dog kennel crate - and she is pretty friendly, not put your hands on to pet friendly but likes when you talk to her and will sit on my feet and will let me mess with her eggs without getting all aggressive.
smile.png
They are great critters. Like bleenie said - they can be like puppy dogs or rag dolls.

Enjoy those cuties! P.S. they are pure scovies no doubt. The yellow duckling looks like my previous precious Pikachu who was RADIOACTIVE yellow when I got her and she turned out to be a chocolate barred. Then Yo-Yo and Mario were chocolate and chocolate and white and they looked like your little choco baby.
love.gif
love.gif
so sweet. too bad they dont stay that little and fuzzy. but thats whats hoping for next year and having babies is all about! lol

Back
Top Bottom