Can dreams ever come true?

For a brooder I am using a big cardboard box. It works very well! I am using a cozy coop heater which was expensive but it works well. Plenty if others use other heat sources that are not as pricey. As my chicks got bigger we moved them into longer boxes. So far so good!
Yeah that’s what I was gonna do, but I have to have a coop and everything else before I get the chicks, because my foster parents won’t let me get them until I have everything for the bundles of fluff that I dream of keeping

Still having no luck, can’t go anywhere to get free pallets because my foster parents don’t like to leave the house very often and still having no luck on my go fund me (link on my information part of my account) and I was hoping to get everything this month and get the chicks later this month, but so far it looks like that ain’t gonna happen any time soon
Maybe if you went with a smaller flock, therefore less pallets needed, they would be willing to pick up pallets. Or maybe you have a friend who could help.
I see you want bantams. They require less room. A bantam coop needsat least 2 square feet of coop space and 5 square feet of run space (double that for large hens).
Pallets are roughly 4X4, enough floor space for 2 bantys. 2 pallets joined could be used for 4 bantys. Two long walls will each need 2 pallets while the two end walls only need 1. So far that is 8 pallets. You could make that 7 pallets by leaving one off of a long side and building a large clean-out door. The roof should be plywood.
There is also the cattle panel hoop house method. You might be able to buy a used panel somewhere. They're originally about $25 and about 4ft 2in wide by 16ft long. 2 of them covered with hardware cloth and heavy tarps and build a door on the one end, a wall on the other, you've got a 4x8 coop. Add 5 more panels minus the tarps for a run. A bit more money wise but very easy to build.
I hope you can find someone to help you gather your materials whatever you choose.

Okay, another idea is to post a thread here asking people where they got the cheapest supplies and the best places to get cheap quality coops. If you want to build your own is another story.:D
Alrighty, the only problem is my balance in pocket is $10, and that’s from saving since August of 2018, foster care is tough, especially when you try to earn money for things like chickens and what not, and they said they’ll only help with buying the feed, nothing else though.

Maybe if you went with a smaller flock, therefore less pallets needed, they would be willing to pick up pallets. Or maybe you have a friend who could help.
I see you want bantams. They require less room. A bantam coop needsat least 2 square feet of coop space and 5 square feet of run space (double that for large hens).
Pallets are roughly 4X4, enough floor space for 2 bantys. 2 pallets joined could be used for 4 bantys. Two long walls will each need 2 pallets while the two end walls only need 1. So far that is 8 pallets. You could make that 7 pallets by leaving one off of a long side and building a large clean-out door. The roof should be plywood.
There is also the cattle panel hoop house method. You might be able to buy a used panel somewhere. They're originally about $25 and about 4ft 2in wide by 16ft long. 2 of them covered with hardware cloth and heavy tarps and build a door on the one end, a wall on the other, you've got a 4x8 coop. Add 5 more panels minus the tarps for a run. A bit more money wise but very easy to build.
I hope you can find someone to help you gather your materials whatever you choose.
Alrighty, but I don’t have many friends most people call me “weird” or strange” for liking chickens around this area, but I don’t care, I love chickens and always will love them

Back
Top Bottom