Can You all Post DUCK HOUSES/COOPS

2txmedics

Songster
10 Years
Jul 5, 2009
Manvel Texas
Hello, new to Ducklings...got 4 a few days ago and I want to start getting ideas as to how to house them. I have chickens and 2 runs Im not using next to the chickens...I have one very large run, that is the size of maybe 2-3 dog kennel runs....and thought that would be great for them...I use to have chickens in them....

But it had no coop...just a few roosting branchs and tarp over head for shade and privacy fence sitting like a lean to.....

so can you all post pictures of your duck houses? please

ALSO HOW CAN I MARK AND BAND THEM SO I KNOW WHO IS WHO???...I dont want to buy a bunch of bands for just 4 ducks...

Last edited:
First off, to tell them apart you can buy zip ties, and put them on their legs, tight enough so it doesn't get snagged on their back toe, but loose enough so it doesn't hurt their legs. You can also buy nail polish, and paint their toenails
big_smile.png

These pics are of my Pekins enclosure
sideveiw.jpg

frontveiw3.jpg

Frontveiw.jpg

Roof.jpg

ducklingsstandingaround.jpg

doghouse.jpg

smile.png

Thanks for posting that link, helped a lot. I put my babies in a baby tub to swim and I was amazed the knew how to swim so good and even Underwater!! The smallest one, the little mallard barely swam but the pekin and one you all say is a blue swedish swam gtreat.

Back
Top Bottom