Can you believe this Craigslist ad??

ya.gif
clap.gif
hey tomasmore, since you're famous,.........can I have your autograph?
bow.gif
celebrate.gif
wee.gif
wink.png

I think that person is doing a pretty good thing, they are using the roosters instead of wasting them! I would gladly do this for someone else if they wanted me too

Quote:
thumbsup.gif
Good for you! And good for you coming on here and clarifying things. Sounds to me like you have a real sensitivity for the kids that have gotten attached to chickens they can't keep.

I was ok up until the german shepherd. However I can see his point and it is unfortunate for these folks but life can be unfortunate sometimes.

However some of have a choice not raise our roos to processing age and I for one would rather not do so. The sooner and younger I can unload them the better. Now if I have to wait til they are processing size I've got to either find someone to do it for me or learn to do it myself. Which is where I'm at now.

And I can't find anyone to do it for me, but I think I have someone to teach me how. Darn!

Quote:
Sounds like an awesome idea...... Unfortunately I don't think that would work too well for me. I have too many close neighbors that would complain about roosters even if I had them for a day. Such a great idea. I will keep it in mind when I get back tp my old neighborhood with my family in a few years!

Here's to tender chicken and fresh dog food!
thumbsup.gif

Quote:
Why? A dog has to eat too!

Quite honestly, do you think you're going to be able to offload all your roos on someone who won't butcher them? Would you rather give your roos to a good liar or someone who is honest? I've roos off people's hands occasionally and the roos end up in my freezer. It's good enough meat for soups and stews and I don't have to buy chicken at the store.

Tomasmore isn't lying to people. He or she is being sensitive to families. The law states people can't have roos -- where are the extras going to go? As much as I love my chickens, they're still food animals.
idunno.gif

I've never been quite sure, and haven't wanted to ask. But when he (or anyone else) says they feed their dogs raw chicken, do they mean LIVE raw chicken, as in let a chicken loose with the dogs? Or do they mean they kill it and pluck it and chop it up and then feed it to the dogs?

Just wondered.

Back
Top Bottom