Can you believe this Craigslist ad??

welcome-byc.gif

As I started reading this topic I was thinking maybe the extra roos was for dogs on a raw diet. How is your dog doing on the raw diet?

thumbsup.gif

Quote:
They kill it and either feed it whole or remove the feathers. Some folks chop it up. In the whole animal diet, they kill the animal and let the dog eat what he wants.

I think it's a great idea for those who have that 'rooster of last resort'. Thankfully I've been able to rehome mine before they get that big, but I know most of them will end up eaten eventually.
sad.png

Quote:
I live on a farm with 6 large dogs that enjoy a good chick dinner.

What i do is start a nice fire with the fallen trees in my woods i keep cleared out for my flocks to range in, i dispatch 6 roos or culls at a time and throw them on the fire turning them ever so often to burn off the feathers and somewhat cook the meat, then i take them off and place them in various spots in the woods, this keeps my dogs in the woods most of the day which in turn helps protect my birds from daytime preditors that may happen by .

Ain't nothing gona take my birds dead or alive.

Now every time i start a fire chicken cooking or not my dogs can be found sleeping in various place in the woods during the daytime,works at night also .

This is how my woods are cleared about 300 feet back to keep preditors from sneeking up on my birds that like to free range in the wooded area.
DSC00231.jpg

Past that area the dogs hang out in the brush.
here are 2 photos i took yesterday
DSC00225.jpg

DSC00228.jpg

I hatch out 250 to 275 chicks at a time so i always have surplus roos and my freezer is full of chicken.

Quote:
The point is to learn things from others, like any thread if you aren't liking what your reading you can go to another. I like this thread and obviously many others do as well.

Quote:
The point is to learn things from others, like any thread if you aren't liking what your reading you can go to another. I like this thread and obviously many others do as well.

Yep, it's a discussion. No less so because it's in text. I am not eager to distress people but in this case it means not opening the thread to read instead of walking away from it if it were people talking in public.

Back
Top Bottom