Can you guys help me here

Quail1994

Chirping
9 Years
Jun 30, 2011
Hi

Can you guys tell me what must I look for in a coturnix quail egg when I candle it at day 7?
I.O.W what must the egg look like inside to give me an indication that it's on the right track.

Also what will the eggs look like inside that is not right and what must I do with them?

Thank you.

Unfortunately, the mottled shells and the greenish inner shell makes them pretty hard to candle. But, by day 7, which is almost the halfway point, you should see a significant amount of blood vessels, and a jumpy little embryo in the middle. A bad egg will depend on what is wrong with it -- some will just be clear, some may have quit and died early, leaving a blood ring. You might have some that are rotten -- anything that sloshes around really freely like water is definitely rotten.

Use the highest power light you can get to candle, do it after dark or in a completely sealed room in as dark of conditions as you can, and reduce the aperture of the light to a hole about 1/3 of an inch across for best results.s

I candle at day 10

I hold a small strong flashlight in my right hand and make a hole with my fingers , than with my left hand i hold the eggs against my the light

I only discard the clear eggs is pretty easy to tell

if you cant see anything cause is dark might as well leave the egg

but if is clear dump it

Back
Top Bottom